News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote is an alty legend

Author Topic: Heathcote is an alty legend  (Read 2504 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

In my eye's there is no other manager. We would have sunk without Graham and Dalton. I personally think we will be stronger than last season, but I am still worried we haven't got the fire power. Still in shock how Joe O'Neil won player of the year, he just ain't going to score the goals. We were a bit narrow as well yesterday, we were playing four centre mids, I was impress with Whalley, great passer and Val Owen has the energy of a 18 year old, unbelievable how he breaks up attacks. Still think we should start with either senior or Potts on the wing, it spreads the play. There were many times when we had it in Centre mid but no-one was out wide, so we'd look for the feet of Joe, who isn't strong enough. I would give Rod or Berkeley a run of games, I think we'd score goals. We need Peyton back at left back, aspinal is no defender !!!

Anyway back to the point why I came on here. As far as I'm concerned Graham has done an unbelievable job, the effort and hours he puts in to this club. We are entertaining quality teams week in and week out. Without Graham we would be going to places like Barrow, Hyde and the others. Already this season is a bonus for us fans, because no-one thought we'd be here. Lets get behind the lads and I think we will survive, we have better depth to the team!!! and I think we'll beat Halifax on Tuesday so everyone make the effort to get there !!! COME ON ALTY

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcote is an alty legend
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 12:45:24 PM »

Agreed

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »

Absolutely!

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

me too

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »

Agree apart from this bit.

Still in shock how Joe O'Neil won player of the year, he just ain't going to score the goals.

I dont see how he shouldn't have been player of the year because he didnt score many goals. If it came down to that it could have been between Little and Azza :o.
It's been said so many times on here about Joe, he has different qualitys other than scoring. >:(

altyf

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »

Exactly right BHM,
work rate and passion and hold up play are his strong points and you have to appreciate him...hes proved himself at York and now, hes proved himself at Alty, and anyone who doesnt realise that is a *** head

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 06:37:46 PM »

You can't drop Little because he is a different class to Joe, but we need to score goals, so what do you suggest ? hope we can survive on draws ?

I feel Val or Peyton should have won player of the season. Anyway that was last season. I think we have made some really good signings, but still need the width and I think Pottsy or Senior can give us that and we need a goal scorer and I think Thornley would give us more goals than Joe.

You mention he holds it up and yes I agree with that, in fact he's really good at that, but he holds it for who ? our attacking midfielder running from deep, our wingers who go down the line to whip a ball in, because I don't see any of those players !!!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »

I don't think Joe can even hold the ball up - the ball has a strange habit of bouncing off his chest and going to the opposition.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:06 PM »

Graham, is an ALTY Legend, he do,es not deserve the abuse.
Its the first game of the season, give the lads time,

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:33 PM »

You can't drop Little because he is a different class to Joe, but we need to score goals, so what do you suggest ? hope we can survive on draws ?

I feel Val or Peyton should have won player of the season. Anyway that was last season. I think we have made some really good signings, but still need the width and I think Pottsy or Senior can give us that and we need a goal scorer and I think Thornley would give us more goals than Joe.

You mention he holds it up and yes I agree with that, in fact he's really good at that, but he holds it for who ? our attacking midfielder running from deep, our wingers who go down the line to whip a ball in, because I don't see any of those players !!!

It comes back down to the management then doesn't it? He holds it up for who you say? Well if we had wingers playing it could be for them, if we had naturally very attacking midfielders it would be for them but the fact is that, apart from Lawton, we don't. It all comes down to what GH thinks is best and if he thinks pottsy/senior are impact players to be brought on near the end then i'll take his word for it. He knows a lot more about the squad than we do so let him do his job to the best of his ability (which i'm sure he does anyway).

On the point about Joe O'Neill, I didnt have him down as player of the season, i voted for Warren Peyton for continually playing out of position at left back and always giving 100% whatever was asked of him, but i still think Joe was a contender and a very worthy winner anyway.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team