News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Supporters to decide on Woodward

Author Topic: Supporters to decide on Woodward  (Read 959 times)

Alex

« on: September 16, 2008, 04:09:56 PM »

from www.bluesqfootball.com

There has been one more twist in the tail at Blue Square Premier club Grays Athletic with chairman Mike Woodward revealing that he could yet be persuaded to stay.
Woodward made the decision to sell his shares in the club following Saturday's defeat at Woking but seems to have had a change of heart.
He has now organised an open question and answers meeting for this Thursday, where he says the club's supporters can decided on his future involvement.
"I'll leave the decision to the supporters and if they back me and want me to stay, then I will stay," Woodward told BBC Essex.
"If they don't want me to, then I will put my shares of the club up and I will let somebody else take the club over," he added.
"If there are certain people out there who want to come and run the club, then just pay me a bit of money that I am owed and they are more than welcome to take it over."
Woodward appointed himself as manager in the 2006-07 season, before installing Andy King after 2 games.
He then took up the reins for the second time when Justin Edinburgh left the club by mutual consent on 20 February 2008.
He added: "When people start attacking my family and my friends, it makes you feel that you are on the defensive," he explained.
"The one thing I will put my hands up to is I made a mistake in being the manager.
"I can't burn the candle at both ends, so the one thing I will hold my hands up to, and I'll be honest with the fans and to myself, is that I made a mistake.
"That's why that has been handed over to Tim O'Shea, Gary Phillips and Neil Smith and they will do an excellent job."

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team