PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Transfer Targets  (Read 17590 times)

andy

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Targets
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2023, 10:34:18 PM »

I believe we will see some proper players incoming before the end of January.

Management are fully aware of the issues we are facing in terms of personnel and the outgoings (Goodson and Jackson for example) appear part of a larger plan to me. They wouldn't be off in the absence of players coming in.

Unless CCC will be getting game time at Fleetwood I'd hope they see how well he has developed with us and allow us to keep him but I do think he will be gone come the end of the month.

The way loanees develop at our club can't go unnoticed which makes us an attractive prospect for the Club's around us with great academies, such as Fleetwood and Crewe, to send prospects to us.

Though I sincerely hope we can sign some players players permanently who can make an impact.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2023, 12:59:01 AM »

With all the players we have recently sent out on loan, as well as the ones we have lost recently, I am hoping for a bigger name forward signing in the next day or two.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2023, 12:15:23 PM »

With all the players we have recently sent out on loan, as well as the ones we have lost recently, I am hoping for a bigger name forward signing in the next day or two.

The biggest issue is finding one that isn't cup tied in the Trophy, if we're planning to have a proper stab at it.

Given Aaron Bennett's name has been shared a lot (and he's been seen at games?), given he knows where the net is, he probably wouldn't be the worst idea up front - although if CCC leaves, someone like him would be needed to go straight in at 10 instead. Either way, at least he wouldn't be cup tied for the Trophy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2023, 01:30:42 PM »

I think getting a decent striker/forward is more important than worrying about the Trophy

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2023, 05:29:52 PM »

I think getting a decent striker/forward is more important than worrying about the Trophy

The potential financial benefits to be gained from progressing in the Trophy would strengthen our power in the transfer market.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2023, 10:49:50 PM »

The potential financial benefits to be gained from progressing in the Trophy would strengthen our power in the transfer market.

While I think Trophy success is long overdue and a realistic target this season, the money received for winning a tie (at home anyway) just provides compensation for the half gate receipts we have to give to the opponents.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2023, 07:41:50 AM »

Watmarsed

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2023, 07:45:43 AM »

Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2023, 08:33:43 AM »

While I think Trophy success is long overdue and a realistic target this season, the money received for winning a tie (at home anyway) just provides compensation for the half gate receipts we have to give to the opponents.

I'm sure a lot of us aren't necessarily thinking about the financial aspect of the Trophy, given it's not the most lucrative of competitions (hence why the big clubs often don't bother).

I think we just want to win it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2023, 08:38:26 AM »

See toby is a target again
http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/news.htm#230123toby

Starting to look fairly ominous, however we're in a strong position if he did indeed sign a two-year deal last summer as reported - especially given we seemed a hair's breadth away from losing him for absolutely nothing in this summer just gone - and he's got significantly better since then too.

If there are 'a number of EFL clubs' interested, it should certainly strengthen our hand when it comes to securing a suitable deal.

The management team surely wouldn't want to lose two key players in one 'window', so I can see this one dragging to the summer - either that, or if it's a team from the EFL wanting to strengthen their options rather than put him straight in, loan him back to us until the end of the season.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2023, 12:05:59 PM »

With regards to Goodson, it should also be noted that

Alty reserve the right to recall Zak after 28 days

I find it hard to believe that we won’t discuss our needs with Boston in this regard and they wouldn’t not be taken aback if we recalled him in a months time.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2023, 01:25:40 PM »

I think the total prize money if we win it is about £100k which is not to be sniffed at and will be a much bigger chunk of our budget than some of the bigger clubs in our league. The prestige and trip to Wembley matters more to me though.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »

I did hear we have signed 4 Strikers…

A postman

A Railway worker

A Teacher

An Ambulance driver

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »

A postman

A Railway worker

A Teacher

An Ambulance driver
  Quality 🤣

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2023, 07:35:03 PM »

A postman

A Railway worker

A Teacher

An Ambulance driver

That must be..

1. Someone to stamp his authority on games,

2. Someone to keep us on track for a top half finish,

And

3. Someone who's a class player.

Don't fancy the ambulance driver. For me, that's a Ner (actually, Ner-Ner, Ner-Ner) 😉
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:01:40 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets