News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HISTOFF

Author Topic: HISTOFF  (Read 3408 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
HISTOFF
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

Rumours abound that histon are on the verge of quitting the conference and have applied to join the ridgeons league next season,the chairman has quit the club aswell...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: HISTOFF
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »

Sad news for their fans if this is true, but it's better than losing their club altogether I suppose. Canvey Island made a similar move a few years back and they are doing ok now.
Come on Alty!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »

Looking good for Mr Peake then :(

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »

I have an idea that Sutton United also took a voluntary drop about 1 years ago - financial reasons. anybody able to confirm that?

as for histon - they did very well indeed to complete at this level. but long term it's not tenable without a decent home gate.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:55:33 PM »

Looking good for Mr Peake then :(

That IS the main drawback IMO  :(

I think if FGR don't stay up or get a reprieve, they could very well have to do something similar - or at least go into Admin and start next season on -10 points
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »

I think if FGR don't stay up or get a reprieve, they could very well have to do something similar - or at least go into Admin and start next season on -10 points

one can only hope ;)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21:13 AM »

Starting on minus 10 points is no punishment at all to teams who are cavalier when it comes to paying top wages / spending big. They don't bother and are soon back in the fray

Minus 10 has done Northwich no harm in BSN and did Farsley no harm until the administrator pulled the plug. Salisbury don't seem to be struggling much either.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 02:06:10 AM »

There was some ridiculous claims of Histon players being on 1k a week plus game bonus which is scandalous at this level , especially with crowds of a few hundred each week. Not sure who else is on the "next" list but i did read somewhere that Hayes and Yeading could be on the list ...hopefully FGR will go as well.
I think Northwich will be in Unibond next year.. the 10 point deduction hasnt really punished them but they still havent announced how they will get out of administration and they are more than likley to get the boot from the conference.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:31:01 AM by Aussie Bob »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:47:01 AM »

Ausi Bob - I think you will find that there are a lot of players in the Conference on 1K pw plus. I seem to recall a claim that a few seasons ago Daryl Clare was on 4K pw at Crawley.
I think FGR will stay up one way or another.
I also think that Vics will stay in the BSN without paying their debts. What happend to all that money they earned from their FA Cup run - doesnt look like it has been used to pay all their debts.
I wonder if Stockport will be in the Conference next season.

Little CamVic

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »

Ausi Bob - I think you will find that there are a lot of players in the Conference on 1K pw plus. I seem to recall a claim that a few seasons ago Daryl Clare was on 4K pw at Crawley.
I also think that Vics will stay in the BSN without paying their debts. What happend to all that money they earned from their FA Cup run - doesnt look like it has been used to pay all their debts.

The FA still has the money. Not quite sure why the FA can't pay it directly to the creditors where it belongs.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »

I doubt Stockport will be in the Conference next year - either League 2 or the UniBond (or lower) depending on whether they sort administration out in time.  Good article below...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2010/03/31/don-t-walk-on-by-as-stockport-die-your-club-could-be-next-115875-22151341/

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »

I doubt Stockport will be in the Conference next year - either League 2 or the UniBond (or lower) depending on whether they sort administration out in time.  Good article below...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2010/03/31/don-t-walk-on-by-as-stockport-die-your-club-could-be-next-115875-22151341/

Excellent article.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HISTOFF