https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: goals  (Read 9133 times)

fuertes

Re: goals
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »

Okay, let's just say it: Shaun Densmore is a good player, but a poor right-back. The lad is doing his best, but I just don't like him in that position. Maybe once Welchy is back fit it'll be a back three of Williams, Welch and Young. Then Densmore and Doughty can push on a bit (I see them both as better wing-backs than full-backs). Still, that's a discussion for another thread.

Dale's strike-rate is not good enough thus far. However, the team is much better when he's in it because he's big and strong, can win flicks and hold the ball, and chip in with the odd goal and assist. I like Senior and Denham, but as a partnership they only really work when the other team is chasing the game and the two of them are guaranteed a run at isolated defenders.

I know hoofing is hardly effective, but it's worth remembering who we have in our side. Whilst the likes of Kearney are very comfy on the ball, Robbie Williams can't always pick out a nice measured pass. Danylyk, who I will never criticise for lack of effort or endeavour, isn't quick/skillful enough to give himself a yard the way Kearney can, so when he's being pressed he often just punts it forward. That's not a case of him being too daft to sweep the ball around majestically, it's the correct thing to do when you a technically deficient player under pressure.

By the way, with injuries, illnesses and suspensions the way they are at the minute, I think the lads are doing us proud.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »

Did Rod look fit?
Perhaps, but way out of his depth now. Great servant, great guy but we can't keep turning to the likes of Rod.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 09:57:27 AM »

if you take the two top forwards out of any team they would struggle to score, with Dale and Little it's obvious we will struggle.

Nice to see Rod playing, hope he finds a bit of form and gets a decent run.

I suspect that you mean withOUT Dale and Colin but I'd also have to suggest that on current form our two best strikers are Messrs Denham and Senior (cue indignant responses) However they are more effective if we don't hoof the ball up in the air.

We now have one of the most cultured midfield players we've had in years (Tom Kearney) who can actually pass a ball. I would imagine he had a stiff neck at half time having spent a good part of the first half watching the ball sail over his head. Obviously words were had at half time and we involved him more second half during which, surprisingly (or not) passing football gave the Chrisses more chance to play.

Spot on ATS

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:35 AM »

Chrissy Senior didnt have his best game in an Alty shirt last night but he gave his all.. Chrissy Densmore was again in good form.. Sean Densmore has a bit of a mare.. Not sure he is comfortable at Right Back.. (I wish we had kept Chris Lane)..

Sheridan and Burns had decent debuts considering they had only arrived at the club about an hour before I did  ;)

Fair do's to Tamworth they were a very fit side, and I reckon the best side that has been to ML so far this season.

One last point.. STOP humping high balls up to the likes of Densmore and Senior, they have no chance of winning headers against Defenders a foot taller then they are..

Tamworth were nowhere near the best side down at ML this year. Whilst we probably didn't deserve a point last night we would easily beat them with our first choice 11 out on the pitch. Dale would have had a field day against their leightweight centre backs and their forwards finishing was that poor Stuart had one of his quietest games all season. As for Burns having a decent debut you're surely saying that tongue in cheek aren't you...???

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »

Tamworth were nowhere near the best side down at ML this year. Whilst we probably didn't deserve a point last night we would easily beat them with our first choice 11 out on the pitch. Dale would have had a field day against their leightweight centre backs and their forwards finishing was that poor Stuart had one of his quietest games all season. As for Burns having a decent debut you're surely saying that tongue in cheek aren't you...???

Burns had a strange game. It's hard to explain, I don't think he played well, but he did look like he has the ability to be good. Does that make sense?

When he cut inside and had a pop with his left foot the keeper was scrambling. If he can get his fitness levels up and start doing a bit more of that he could be okay for us.

Andy K TFC

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

For what its worth that was nowhere near our first team either. We are like you struggling on the injury front, to such an extent that our Manager come on against Hayes and Yeading a week last saturday.

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »

For what its worth that was nowhere near our first team either. We are like you struggling on the injury front, to such an extent that our Manager come on against Hayes and Yeading a week last saturday.

Yes I noticed you had four or five out. However, we have several injuries (including to key players), plus a suspension, plus our captain has the mumps, plus our new signing and terrific midfielder pissed off to Australia recently. All in all, we really are struggling.

I thought you lot were marginally the better team, though a draw was a fair result.

tottenham alty

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »

Please! Some realism.... we are three points off the play-offs and are coming through a difficult period of injuries with great credit!!! Have some faith in GH, have some faith in the boys.

COMON ALTY!!!

jimbo

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »

burns was are most likely forward last night .thats my honest oppinion .i know fans have favourites and players they dislike but burns looked most capable in last nights game.shud of stayed on.

joe

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »

bit of a sad end to a great few years at alty if little retires?

Have i missed something here? Has it been announced that Colin Little may have to retire or is it just chinese whispers from the popular side?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 11:54:48 AM »

Please! Some realism.... we are three points off the play-offs and are coming through a difficult period of injuries with great credit!!! Have some faith in GH, have some faith in the boys.

COMON ALTY!!!

Good post.

I think, other than what we can safely consider a few jokey posts when were were 2nd, the posters have been very realistic and supportive this season. I think we can genuinely call the fans "The Alty Faithful"

radcliffe alty

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »

We've lost 3 out of 12 league games. That's an excellent return!

Go to Stevenage under no pressure for a result, anything is a bonus and then get a win against Gateshead. We'll be in a very healthy position.

markecky

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:06 PM »

Did Rod look fit?
Perhaps, but way out of his depth now. Great servant, great guy but we can't keep turning to the likes of Rod.

I think Graham probably went through his black book and when he got to the list he keeps of players that know the club, will play for nothing, give 100% and are happy just to be involved, there was only Rod on it.  Needs must in the circumstances.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »

Chrissy Senior didnt have his best game in an Alty shirt last night but he gave his all.. Chrissy Densmore was again in good form.. Sean Densmore has a bit of a mare.. Not sure he is comfortable at Right Back.. (I wish we had kept Chris Lane)..

Sheridan and Burns had decent debuts considering they had only arrived at the club about an hour before I did  ;)

Fair do's to Tamworth they were a very fit side, and I reckon the best side that has been to ML so far this season.

One last point.. STOP humping high balls up to the likes of Densmore and Senior, they have no chance of winning headers against Defenders a foot taller then they are..

[/b]

No I meant it... Considering he had only joined up with rest of the players last night I thought he did ok.. I will concede he was a bit shaky at first ...

I didnt understand the substitution of Sheriden either !!! Was he injured...

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

Little - struggled to play / get fit all season, been/is a legend.

Johnson - Is a great target man, was most peoples player of the season for first 6 or so games until he sufferd from injuries.

Senior - Pacey, tricky, gives all and will score a few goals for us.

Denham - Having a great season, gives 100%, tought tackler and scores some usefull goals.

Burns - Came in not knowing anyone, gave his all, looked like he could be damn good for us, would like to sign him.

Thornley - We were all singing his name at the end of last season when he plays and gives 100% when the club has troubled times with injuries, yet 4 months later he is no good and we keep wheeling him out when we are in trouble with players again.

Or have I got it all wrong and they are all to55. Some people change their mind on this forum every game, everyone has bad games from time to time. I feel alot of people watch football but dont actually understand football.

For me Burns running off Johnson could reap great rewards. Supported by Denaham and Senior and we will do good. This could be our future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals