PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cavell Coo song?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cavell Coo song?  (Read 7672 times)

markecky

Re: Cavell Coo song?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 02:17:50 PM »

Its taken me three and a half hours but it was worth it I think.

I just don't like right fotted left backs that have to cut inside to do anything.  It gets sussed by professional teams in about 3 seconds. I'm sure he is a nice guy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »

Thought i'd smashed it with agadoo but that just blew me right out of the water!

[/quote]

Smashed it? Why because you were the second person in the thread to come up with the agadoo version?  >:(

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »

I'd rather have a good right-footed left full-back than a not very good left-footed one. Anyway wouldn't a right-footed player be better at tackling an attacking player who cuts inside?

markecky

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »

I'd rather have a good right-footed left full-back than a not very good left-footed one. Anyway wouldn't a right-footed player be better at tackling an attacking player who cuts inside?

Surprisingly, so would I.  Not sure where I stated I  liked not very good left footed ones. 

In my experience of playing in defence it is far easier ti stop a right footed left back from knocking the ball down the line and getting rid of the ball than a left footed one.  It is also easier to stop a right footed left back from crossing it in should he get past you, as you know he will will have to turn back to cross it giving you a couple of extra seconds to block.

teasybeaver

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 03:03:02 PM »

Thought i'd smashed it with agadoo but that just blew me right out of the water!

Smashed it? Why because you were the second person in the thread to come up with the agadoo version?  >:(
[/quote]

Firstly, perhaps you could point out the first attempt?

Secondly, what are you so angry about ballers? It was a comment made to ecky not you. You're a negative prick, who always seems to be angry with someone on here. Hopefully this will give you something to be really angry about instead of a harmless thread about songs for a player who hasn't even signed for us.

I've tried to be polite but i cant be arsed today. sorry

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »

Firstly, perhaps you could point out the first attempt?

Secondly, what are you so angry about ballers? It was a comment made to ecky not you. You're a negative prick, who always seems to be angry with someone on here. Hopefully this will give you something to be really angry about instead of a harmless thread about songs for a player who hasn't even signed for us.

I've tried to be polite but i cant be arsed today. sorry
[/quote]

Well, firstly I was just about to post and say to ignore it re agadoo cos I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about as i got mixed up.

secondly, they're smileys, just getting added on. I think they're all banterish and that's how it was meant. I'm not genuinely crying/emnbarrassed/cool/sad/angry if there's one attached. Honestly, I'll manage to get on with my life if I wasn't the first person to match a weird name for a trialist full back to an agadoo song.

Thirdly, there's no need for that but I'm not going to get really angry about it. That would be even more pointless wouldn't it.

p.s. You can f**k off anyway  >:(

harv

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 03:36:35 PM »

I wonder whether i tickle ballers chin he will get moodier teehee

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »

I wonder whether i tickle ballers chins he will get moodier teehee

I've corrected your post for you Harv.  ;)

harv

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 03:47:37 PM »

aw thanks but you do have 2 chins so it is correct!!!!

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »

Firstly I think Ecky's chant is brilliant and the clear winner.

Secondly we've had this right footed left back argument before..just before the 'cote took over the reins and re-introduced 'sub standard' left back Chris Adams and that left winger from Cheadle (can't remember his name but he was a taxi driver and then he broke his leg).

The balance these two players bought to the side meant rhe rest of the side was able to function brilliantly even though the left winger did practically nothing..when he got the ball he was able to take it on his left and pass it straight on with his left without turning like the titanic to get it onto a right foot.

It is far better to have a slightly worse player who is left footed than a brilliant right footed player who slows play down and loses possesion every time he gets it coz it's on his wrong foot...as proved by the aforementioned player change where worse players came in and we were a better side for it.

Look what happened when right footed Phil Neville played for england at left back.....rest my case.

Ayyyy thank you

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »

The whole thing we argue about is exactly what Jezza said, that we don't have a natural left back. If we're going to have a right footed one then unless he's as good as say Denis Irwin was then I'd happily have a fully fit Alty legend that is Gary Scott doing exactly that job.

Coo actually looks an ok player but as we discussed last night, why doesn't he just say 'Im a right back' and be really good at it, then hell get a decent gig.

Cavell, you're best position is over here mate!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 04:11:13 PM »

The whole thing we argue about is exactly what Jezza said, that we don't have a natural left back. If we're going to have a right footed one then unless he's as good as say Denis Irwin was then I'd happily have a fully fit Alty legend that is Gary Scott doing exactly that job.

Coo actually looks an ok player but as we discussed last night, why doesn't he just say 'Im a right back' and be really good at it, then hell get a decent gig.

<--- Cavell, you're best position is this way mate!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

God, I'm having difficulty with this quote function today, I must have lager withdrawal symptoms :-[

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »

God, I'm having difficulty with this quote function today, I must have lager withdrawal symptoms :-[

Try typing your posts with your left foot rather than your right one...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »

Firstly I think Ecky's chant is brilliant and the clear winner.

Secondly we've had this right footed left back argument before..just before the 'cote took over the reins and re-introduced 'sub standard' left back Chris Adams and that left winger from Cheadle (can't remember his name but he was a taxi driver and then he broke his leg).

The balance these two players bought to the side meant rhe rest of the side was able to function brilliantly even though the left winger did practically nothing..when he got the ball he was able to take it on his left and pass it straight on with his left without turning like the titanic to get it onto a right foot.

It is far better to have a slightly worse player who is left footed than a brilliant right footed player who slows play down and loses possesion every time he gets it coz it's on his wrong foot...as proved by the aforementioned player change where worse players came in and we were a better side for it.

Look what happened when right footed Phil Neville played for england at left back.....rest my case.

Ayyyy thank you

Jezza,

Sean Smith is the name that eluded you.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cavell Coo song?