PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Posters to be handed out to pubs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Posters to be handed out to pubs  (Read 4473 times)

teasybeaver

Re: Posters to be handed out to pubs
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 08:48:39 AM »

I think the posters look class, and will look good in any bar. Remember, the bar may be all trendy and contemporary but the people inside are the same as anywhere else in alty. The 'traditional' football approach is a good one, it fits in with Alty's traditional market town approach!

Something to consider. Does anyone work in the airport? Right now in the summer peak 17,000 people work in manchester airport. I'd say roughly half of them are in striking distance of the ground in terms of locality. In my experience saturday afternoons isn't the ideal time for an airport worker but its crawling with working class lads who love football and burgers. Perfect combo. Could easily pick up 100 fans here, try to be the airports local team, raise a bit of pride. Wish i'd done it last year!

If nobody comes forward I can try to raise a few lads who might do the distribution in the staff areas. Best i can do from here to be involved!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »

the poster looks truly fantastic, but does it have adults prices at £10? - have they gone up to £12 for the new season?

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 10:40:33 AM »

The prices have not yet been altered but this will be taken care of before the final product is produced.

Love the idea about distributing them at the airport. How many do you reckon you would need for the airport?

Do people think a run of 50 will be sufficient? I would have thought it will because people with a decent inkjet printer will be able to print good backup copies.

teasybeaver

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »

The prices have not yet been altered but this will be taken care of before the final product is produced.

Love the idea about distributing them at the airport. How many do you reckon you would need for the airport?

Do people think a run of 50 will be sufficient? I would have thought it will because people with a decent inkjet printer will be able to print good backup copies.

Leave it with me. The main issue is finding an alty fan in the airport to distribute them. it is strange to think a local employer of 17,000 and i was the only alty fan, now there's none!

Somebody must know someone at the match? Someone who would take it seriously would be best.

Stockportalty

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »

The poster looks really good, lets hope it brings more bodies through the turnstiles.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »

On a personal note it's fantastic to see how the club and fans alike are striving to promote Altrincham FC in the local community. The leaflets given out with the Messenger and to schools look really professional and have been well thought out. The Saturday morning football club and new kids teams are going to really increase the profile of the club in the community as well and I believe there are really exciting times ahead for the club. When you look back to when we were a Unibond club these were things which just did not happen and I wouldn't mind betting there are plenty of football league clubs who do not have the kind of approach we do which encourages youngsters to be a part of the club. At a time when football is dogged by financial problems and corruption it makes me proud to see Altrincham FC and it's supporters working together to move the club forwards.

Cornerflag

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 12:22:32 PM »

I now have the £30 promised from the Gazelle and will bring it to the Bury game tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Posters to be handed out to pubs