News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We can Sign Simon Yeo now!!!

Author Topic: We can Sign Simon Yeo now!!!  (Read 2355 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:13:06 PM »

With Chester city finally going to have to cut their cloth and with yeo having a fall out with bobby williamson,lets get him here on a three month loan with view to permenant in Jan.Act now before hyde take him!

Hodgey

Re: We can Sign Simon Yeo now!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »

I wonder if Bury wanted him to replace James Dean?

Simon John Yeo (born October 10, 1973 in Stockport, England) is an English footballer who plays as a striker for Chester City whom he joined from Peterborough United in January 2007 for an Undisclosed Fee. He enjoyed two spells with Lincoln City separated by a period playing for the New Zealand Knights in the newly formed Hyundai A-League. Yeo severed his contract with the Knights because of personal issues. He is something of a cult hero in Lincoln because of his vital goals at the end of the 2002/03 season. He came off the bench to score against Torquay United to put the Imps into the Division Three playoffs. Yeo again came to the Imps' rescue in the playoff semi-final first leg against SC**thorpe United With the scores tied at 3-3 with 20 minutes remaining Yeo again came off the bench to score 2 goals which put Lincoln firmly in the driving seat. Yeo scored again in the away leg to send the Imps to the final at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff which they lost.

Yeo won the BBC's "Cult Hero" award for Lincoln City.

Prior to turning professional, Yeo had been a carpet fitter, soldier and postman. His army career included tours of Bosnia and Northern Ireland. Whilst serving out his final army days in Northern Ireland, his football career began in earnest. He appeared for Fivemiletown before joining Ards in September 1997. He signed a twelve month deal with Ards and scored three times in seven league and cup games before his contract was cancelled to allow him to return home to England to join Curzon Ashton in October 1997. However, he quickly returned to Irish football, joining Coleraine the following month. This move proved controversial with the then Ards manager Roy Coyle claiming that Yeo had stitched him up though Yeo argued that that was not the case and, having scored four goals in four games for Curzon Ashton, he was contacted by Coleraine who offered to fly him in from Manchester for their games.

He remained with Coleraine for the remainder of the 1997-98 season before joining the then Unibond Premier Division side Hyde United. Following a loan spell at Atherton Colleries, he made his first start for Hyde in December 1998 going on to score 111 goals in a total of 169 league and cup appearances for them before joining Lincoln City in May 2002.

Yeo was heavily linked with a move to Bury during the summer of 2007, where his former Lincoln and Peterborough manager Keith Alexander is director of football. Chester rejected Bury's interest and he has been a firm part of their first-team plans in the opening games of the current season, scoring twice in a 4-0 win over Dagenham & Redbridge.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 03:48:29 AM »

I wonder if he is on gh's wish list?

Is he any good?

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »

Do we need another 34 yr old striker?

He's very similar to Little. I think we should give the lad at curzon a go, Norton. We need that dynamic and he surely deserves a chance.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »

He (Norton) was interviewed in, I think, the NLP a couple of weeks back and said that he'd turned down offers to play in the Blue Square North because he didn't want to do the travelling due to his job and his family (new baby I seem to recall)

I suspect that sadly this would also rule him out of a move to a Blue Square Prem Club like us

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:38:19 AM »

he's a local ashton lad we're 20 mins if that were closer than most blue square north clubs stalybridge n hyde the only ones nearer i think

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »

he's a local ashton lad we're 20 mins if that were closer than most blue square north clubs stalybridge n hyde the only ones nearer i think

Away games?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:35 AM »

brain gear not in

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 11:08:16 AM »

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team