PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Outstanding!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Outstanding!  (Read 4428 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Outstanding!
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:14:26 PM »

We have now played one (yes ONE) game at a higher level than we have played at for three seasons and players who we, on the whole rated are not good enough according to some correspondents.

Also the Manager who was so (almost universally) lauded on here for leading us to promotion and for his pre season acquisitions is now renamed Sinnob? by DIM (possibly at times the most apposite acronym ever invented?)

How dare he have the temerity to allow a guy to go and train for his paid employment. We are a part time team and players will miss games and training sessions because of work.

I didn't go yesterday, instead watching the Reserves but I have spoken to some people who did and their perception is that we didn't actually play that badly but we did get caught out defensively due to the difference in quality between Conference North and Conference National. That can and I suspect will be resolved by quickening up the mental processes which will in turn speed up the physical reactions.

Can we wait a while please before we write off team, management and season?

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Outstanding!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »

Phil I usually see your comments and anger boils through my bones but on this occasion .... you couldn't be more correct
FFS

markecky

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »

You've got to put it in perspective Phil.

This forum is a small part of the support although I have to say it hasn't been as bad as I thought.

The people I saw at the game and on the coach all pretty much said the same thing.  We didn't play well but it was not a disaster and we can and will do better, the players I am sure will have been encouraged by being clapped off at the end.

Onwards to Lincoln..

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

I felt that we just have a bit of learning to do, there is as we have seen before a big jump up in levels to this league, possibly due to the fitness thing due to full time training. I don't think we are that far off watching yesterday and we did refreshingly play football instead of the Heathcote park the bus game. Sinnott needs to make the squad aware of their own responsibilities, if we train twice a week then they as individuals need to keep their fitness levels and stamina up by working themselves. A result or two will give us the confidence we need too.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »

I'd also like to add that as a southern based fan with various responsibilities that have prevented me from seeing many games in the Conf North, how good it was to be able to get to a game again and have a day out, a few pints and meet up with various people I haven't seen for a good while. It's not all just about the football supporting your team, there is all sorts of stuff that go with it. Despite the result I loved yesterday even if I must have had a dirty glass somewhere to upset my constitution.  8) ::)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 07:12:05 PM »

Good to put a face to the name sw.  You did right to leave the White Hart when you did. We went through the entire real ale card before the game.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »

Hemel, I got home at 11:30 clutching a bag of curry. Today has been a bit of a write off.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 08:22:12 PM »

We have now played one (yes ONE) game at a higher level than we have played at for three seasons and players who we, on the whole rated are not good enough according to some correspondents.

Also the Manager who was so (almost universally) lauded on here for leading us to promotion and for his pre season acquisitions is now renamed Sinnob? by DIM (possibly at times the most apposite acronym ever invented?)

How dare he have the temerity to allow a guy to go and train for his paid employment. We are a part time team and players will miss games and training sessions because of work.

I didn't go yesterday, instead watching the Reserves but I have spoken to some people who did and their perception is that we didn't actually play that badly but we did get caught out defensively due to the difference in quality between Conference North and Conference National. That can and I suspect will be resolved by quickening up the mental processes which will in turn speed up the physical reactions.

Can we wait a while please before we write off team, management and season?
We played badly but can play better I'd be more worried if I was one of the people who thought we played well despite being outplayed

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »

I'd also like to add that as a southern based fan with various responsibilities that have prevented me from seeing many games in the Conf North, how good it was to be able to get to a game again and have a day out, a few pints and meet up with various people I haven't seen for a good while. It's not all just about the football supporting your team, there is all sorts of stuff that go with it. Despite the result I loved yesterday even if I must have had a dirty glass somewhere to upset my constitution.  8) ::)
That is SO true but we really must make sure we stay up. This is the league we belong in - let's hope the next few games see the improvement we all believe the side is capable of.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »

It's so Yo-Yo on here at times it's unbelievable. I didn't attend yesterday so rightly have refrained from posting. Let's see what the next two home games bring

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »

I wouldn't worry to much about it phil It makes me smile tbh

We have Just experienced some of the greatest scenes this club has known it's it's history outside of the fa cup

People have short memories

Ps sinnout ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

Beaver

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »

one game in, we lose and there's negative tripe everywhere and the usual suspects declaring relegation and calling the manager rubbish.

has anyone else missed the conf as much as me?

good to be back, long live the forum!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

one game in, we lose and there's negative tripe everywhere and the usual suspects declaring relegation and calling the manager rubbish.

has anyone else missed the conf as much as me?

good to be back, long live the forum!!!
beaver out ( has a good ring to it that )
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

As Jonesey said "Don't Panic".

One game in...

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 12:07:07 AM »

We really should be beating teams like Aldershot......

.....and given time and patience we will do.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Outstanding!