News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Come someone please tell me....

Author Topic: Come someone please tell me....  (Read 2911 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »

what the issue is with Statto and Frank ? Am i right in saying they use the club for their own personal gain ? o and thanks to my manager who buckled and gave me saturday off work.. good job as I foresaw a bout of flu arising late friday night :-)

DarrenH

Re: Come someone please tell me....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

IMO although they are a pain in the arse if they get extra publicity for the club which brings in extra people they are worth tolerating.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »

IMO although they are a pain in the arse if they get extra publicity for the club which brings in extra people they are worth tolerating.
agree

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »

Some people recognise the Statto & Frank Sidebottom "brands" more than Altrincham.

Just because they use us for publicity does not mean we shouldn't use them. If Australian cricketers can out something back to the team, then surely so can these 2

joe

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »

Totally disagree!! Total knobs the pair of them who pretend to support Alty whenever a sniff of publicity is around.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »

The point with these two is that they should be forced to watch some of the sh*te like we do...its easy to roll up for the cup games.  Thats not really being a fan.

DarrenH

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »

The point is being missed.
Whether they are fans or not is irrelvant. So many threads on this forum are crying out for more publicity before Saturday and these to no marks seem to bring it. At the end of the day if they brought a few dozen more to the game with their f**k wit antics then why not.
I don't like them but it could be worse. We could have Sid Little or Jimmy Tarbuck !!!!
We need to use them like they use the club.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:13 PM »

The point is being missed.
Whether they are fans or not is irrelvant. So many threads on this forum are crying out for more publicity before Saturday and these to no marks seem to bring it. At the end of the day if they brought a few dozen more to the game with their f**k wit antics then why not.
I don't like them but it could be worse. We could have Sid Little or Jimmy Tarbuck !!!!
We need to use them like they use the club.

Yes!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

Darren, I do see what your saying mate and maybe I am biased.

I spent two weeks preparing for the Darlington game when I was commercial manager a few years back.  Tried to plan everything to the last detail.

At 12:00 Frank Sidebottom  literally ran into the ground with keyboard under his arm , set it up in the dugout, a bbc camera came, filmed him playing the match of the day theme, he finished, upped and left.  Not a word to anyone.

So I sit down to watch MOTD and who start its...its massive Altrincham fan Frank Sidebottom.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »

The pair of them are an embarrassment to the club.

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 08:10:53 PM »

Darren, I do see what your saying mate and maybe I am biased.

I spent two weeks preparing for the Darlington game when I was commercial manager a few years back.  Tried to plan everything to the last detail.

At 12:00 Frank Sidebottom  literally ran into the ground with keyboard under his arm , set it up in the dugout, a bbc camera came, filmed him playing the match of the day theme, he finished, upped and left.  Not a word to anyone.

So I sit down to watch MOTD and who start its...its massive Altrincham fan Frank Sidebottom.

But at least we gained a degree of revenge on Statto that week as he filmed his bit for football focus. Watching him lean on that wet paint is one of the best things I've ever seen!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »

There have been countless non-league clubs who have featured on TV and the press in the FA Cup.  How many of those needed a guy in a papier mache head and a betting pundit to get on the air?

I don't blame the pair of them for going on camera - that's their profession - but I don't like the insinuation that they are "big Alty fans" when their notably low number of appearances at run of the mill Alty games say otherwise.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »

I'd be surprised if no-one has done this, but I presume Statto & Frank have been asked to put something into the club - even if it just the odd evening of work for an 'event.'

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »

I'd be surprised if no-one has done this, but I presume Statto & Frank have been asked to put something into the club - even if it just the odd evening of work for an 'event.'

Jim Bowen's appearance in a Morecambe scarf at a cup game a few years ago was not dissimilar to the above.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team