PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Question re: Stadium rules
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question re: Stadium rules  (Read 4555 times)

baldrick

« on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »

A Millwall supporter asked me if DVD Camcorders are allowed in. I think the answer is yes but can someone confirm this please.

thegazelle

Re: Question re: Stadium rules
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:10:08 AM »

would the gentleman concerned enjoy him self whilst using the dvd camera?
if so it will be banned under section 27 of the going to a football match and having fun law. it is possible they are allowed in if you stand on a yellow line with one trouser leg rolled up and wearing a day glow jacket (not yellow or orange)

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:17:24 AM »

He probably would enjoy himself while using it. He is a 15 year old youtube addict. I think most of the last two years of his life are on film. He has no objection to standing on a yellow line with one trouser leg rolled up. He will probably bring his own inflatable yellow line. He has threatened to bring a drum if the camcorder is banned. I know which one i would prefer.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:37:59 AM »

and don't forget to warn him to bring a cover for the camcorder as it'll get wet when it rains.

Talking of camcorders, I was at the Bowdon cricket club bonfire last night and the police were outside videoing people leaving the event. At bit over the top methinks. Or perhaps they were just getting some practice in for Saturday.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »

I stopped going to Bowdon Cricket club bonfire ten years ago when it became a warzone.  I think the police should arrest anyone with a pale white face dressed all in black coming out of there to be honest.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »

It didn't look like downtown Baghdad last night, but then again we left around 8:15 to get the kids home. There were a lot of suspiciously under-age drinkers inside, and a fair few dodgy looking cheapskates outside, so I can believe that it had the potential to get messy afterwards.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »

The 1st year that key103 pitched up to broadcast it live was the beginning of the end. I think this was around 10 years ago.

I remember having to leg it to Alty through crowds of baseball capped wretches. It felt like Apocolypse Now!

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »

Not long until the movie Outlaw starts to get acted out for real in Britain me thinks...

Wear trackie bottoms tucked into socks, and you haven't just played 5-a-side on astro...you get a hiding. Simple.

www.outlawthemovie.com

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »

A Millwall supporter asked me if DVD Camcorders are allowed in. I think the answer is yes but can someone confirm this please.

Ground Regulation 14 prohibits this. As I would imagine it does at most grounds, doubtlessly including Millwall.

Sorry if this seems petty but there are contracts in place for the filming of BSP fixtures and also FA Cup fixtures which would be breached were we to allow anyone without an appropriate permit to record images

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:45:15 AM »

Ah well such is life. Have a Goodwin for being the first to answer the question.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 01:37:10 PM »

Ground Regulation 14 prohibits this. As I would imagine it does at most grounds, doubtlessly including Millwall.

Funny, I saw a camcorder in the ground the other week filming most of the game. 

On another note, does that mean Duke can not film Little's penalty on Saturday on his mobile for us??  ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »

It is not the presence of a Camcorder per se which is the issue it is the recording of images without permission.

Little Miss Alty for example has been filming with the permission of the Club.

Also, as you will no doubt comprehend, when you have commercial broadcasters involved (BBC) the regulation has to be much tighter.

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

So if little miss alty can film with the permission of the club.

it would be the club who decide who films and therefore the club who have made rule 14 (no cameras)

therefore the club says dvd cameras are banned

No more questions yer honor there lies the case for the prosecution

Alex

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »

Funny, I saw a camcorder in the ground the other week filming most of the game. 

On another note, does that mean Duke can not film Little's penalty on Saturday on his mobile for us??  ;D

so no recording goals on your mobile? that would class as a camera (i think this all a bit silly who cares if sum one records there fa cup day out on a camera it's not like there inttending to broadcast it live or anything)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »

I think it means more professional type cameras than your mobile. Unless we have to leave our mobiles at the gate? Lol
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team