News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Peake interview about AGM

Author Topic: Colin Peake interview about AGM  (Read 2143 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Peake interview about AGM
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »

Fair do's the bloke can talk some bollocks when he sets his mind to it.. what a terrible interviewee.. FFs Peake if your the best we have on that league committee no fkn wonder chaos reigns supreme..

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

To be fair, most of what he said about R&D was unexceptionable - and he's right not to go into too much detail as there are legal constraints. Where he falls down is in appearing to see Bishops Stortford in the same light as R&D. R&D are being expelled from the set-up; Stortford are being shifted from one part to another. Whether R&D have done anything wrong is as yet untested by appeals procedures or other legal issues - that's surely why no further comment should be expected from Peake on that - but clearly Stortford have done nothing wrong othr than to be literally in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are about as many positives for them in travelling to Workington as there were some years ago for Leek Town in travelling to Hastings, having been placed in the Southern League - which pretty nearly bankrupted Leek. The comparison is made with Gloucester - well, they are at least on the M5; Stortford, last time I looked, were on the M11 which points in quite the wrong direction. I for one feel a strong sense of sympathy for Stortford in all this & I hope some way can be found to compensate them for the extra expense involved.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:42 PM »

To be fair, most of what he said about R&D was unexceptionable - and he's right not to go into too much detail as there are legal constraints. Where he falls down is in appearing to see Bishops Stortford in the same light as R&D. R&D are being expelled from the set-up; Stortford are being shifted from one part to another. Whether R&D have done anything wrong is as yet untested by appeals procedures or other legal issues - that's surely why no further comment should be expected from Peake on that - but clearly Stortford have done nothing wrong othr than to be literally in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are about as many positives for them in travelling to Workington as there were some years ago for Leek Town in travelling to Hastings, having been placed in the Southern League - which pretty nearly bankrupted Leek. The comparison is made with Gloucester - well, they are at least on the M5; Stortford, last time I looked, were on the M11 which points in quite the wrong direction. I for one feel a strong sense of sympathy for Stortford in all this & I hope some way can be found to compensate them for the extra expense involved.

I am delighted that Bishops Stortford are in the BSN. It will be my only fixture within miles of where I live.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »

That bloke really does talk some pish! 

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »

stopping at different motorway service stations and making new friends......

it's like playing aliens, travelling away to workington, half of them will never return.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:07:41 PM by RocketDan »

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »

stopping at different motorway service stations and making new friends......

it's like playing aliens, travelling away to workington, half of them will never return.
Once they've tasted real Northern beer, they'll never WANT to go back to Essex !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Peake interview about AGM