Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?  (Read 6155 times)

markecky

One of the things I enjoy the most about going to Alty is singing my heart out for the lads. Massive respect to all those who think up and initiate songs, I think you do an amazing job. I have never come back from an Alty game without having lost my voice.

Listening to commentators on local radio over the internet, they often point out that the Alty fans are loud and this is something to be proud of. I am confident that we won't lose this special part of our identity. I went to home games against Histon and AFC WImbledon recently and the atmosphere was good - agreed it doesn't get much better than when we are packed into that corner of the popular side.

Whether the singers move to the open-ended Chequers End, or the crowd who have dispersed come back, is something to be decided. All I know is I will always stand with or near the singers!!!

We are always full of praise for the players and management, but dont underestimate how much they feed off our fantastic vocal support!!!

COMON ALTY!!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We'll be segregated for Luton and Mansfield so I reckon it will be a cracking atmosphere.

Maybe we'll take a vote from the people who stood on the popular side on Tuesday to see if singing should move to the chequers end (Carole Nashe and Family End with my marketing hat on) when not segregated.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Oddly, I thought the best atmos at a home game all last year was the Unibond League game against Eastwood when Rod came on. It really was like the good bad old days.

Also, I do fear that £13 is putting a lot of people off.

I know some people struggle to make ends meet etc but 13 quid to watch a BSP match these days is good value for money in my eyes.. at least the club doesnt kick the arse out of it like the toe rags at Kettering etc.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

regarding the gantry, could you not simply take the curtain thing down, then people could more or less see? Is this technically so difficult?

As for the atmosphere, I think some people find it hard to bother for a match like Gateshead with little away support etc. - which might explain Alty's poor record against Gateshead.

Maybe I'll sing some Graham Heathcote songs next time there's no atmosphere, perhaps that'll get them going - or more likely get me in trouble ;)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Oddly, I thought the best atmos at a home game all last year was the Unibond League game against Eastbourne  when Rod came on. It really was like the good bad old days.

Also, I do fear that £13 is putting a lot of people off.

Ballers....I fear that you will need to click the modify button for a second time :P

crossie

The best atmosphere is when there is a decent away following! When we are down the popular side and there is a bit of banter going with the away fans, the game is there for the taking; that is when you get some true moss lane magic in terms of atmosphere.
If you notice everytime a team brings a sh*te away following Gateshead, Histon etc knowone is bothered about singing! I will hold my hands up on tuesday i sung but not as much as i normally would! And like a few have already said its hard to create a decent sing song when the regulars who normally sing have spread out and gone to the away end leaving a small bunch to deliver!
Thinks will get better we have Mansfield and Luton coming up they will have a decent support!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?