News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worrying Times

Author Topic: Worrying Times  (Read 4145 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Worrying Times
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »

With regards the manager's comments in the messenger (see main site) I wonder whether the drop in attendances could be down to the team's form rather than the credit crunch. It is easy for most companies including football clubs to blame the credit crunch as a foil for low profits but is it that simple? I would advocate that a win tomorrow would be a perfect start as a means for boosting attendances between now and the end of season. This should be the manager's main focus, and I find it ironic that only months after deterring fans with obscenities he is now begging fans to return but is an apology in the offing....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:29:58 PM by im not really here »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worrying Times
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:39:12 PM »

The last 2 home games were set for a win and we played some reasonable football, the results don't show that.

I agree a win tomorrow should boost attendances.  :)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

Dont think anything wrong with our present form just need a little bit more luck on our side . As regards to an apology i think we all owe one G.H he as turned this team around since the game against Lewes well done G.H

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »

Dont think anything wrong with our present form just need a little bit more luck on our side

Our present form: L W L L L L

How is there nothing wrong with this? It's pants!

As regards the comment about needing more "luck", this is a myth. We don't need to be lucky, we just need to shoot more accurately.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:02:08 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »

Of the four games we have lost I think we were unlucky not to get at least a point against Stevenage and Torquay. I didnt see the Grays match but it was one of the games I expected us to win and I did think we may have got something at Kettering (again I didnt see that game).
I do think it shows the team have progressed in so much as we are all upset at losing to the likes of Stevenage and Torquay whereas last season we would have probably just written off those fixtures as a loss..

Its no good blaming GH as his hands are tied due to the financial situation at the football club ..

I have said it on here before, and that is why we keep pumping high balls up to the likes of Little and Senior is beyond me We would be far better if Coburn just threw the ball to a player and built from the back rather than him keep booting up the pitch and give it straight back to the opposition as happens with monotonous regularity. When Oneil came on against Torquay we probably played the best football of the match due to the fact  we kept the ball on the deck..

With our current small squad of players I do not understand the logic of sending out Denham to Stalybridge when he would be more use to playing at ML even if he comes off the bench. From what I have seen of him this season he seems  a decent player..

IMO i think a win against Weymouth tomorrow and  another 3 pts during the remaining games taking us to 49 would see us safe for the season..  What we dont need,  is having to win at Cambridge on the last Sunday of the season in order to stay up.......

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 09:55:17 PM »

Barring miracles from more than a couple of teams below us I think another 6, ok, perhaps 7 should be enough for the precious 20th slot. Once we have those we can hopefully push on and get another three or four to make our finishing position a respectable improvement and a statement for seasons to come. Get the six and the others will flow in as the pressure is reduced.

I personally am sick of arriving at Stevenage/Woking etc to be sarcastically asked who will save us this season.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »

Barring miracles from more than a couple of teams below us I think another 6, ok, perhaps 7 should be enough for the precious 20th slot

yes and its all in our own hands, we have games to play where we really should pick those points up
people shouldnt panic too early, honestly would you rather be barrow or grays?

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »

One of the comments this week was that gate receipts like the
Torquay game are not enough to meet the wage bill.That wage
bill isn't just for players & I would stress the fact that we are still
very much a part time club.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 12:43:59 PM »

With 10 games left i think there is little excitement around the endf of the season.

Biazrrley our mid table comfort may be working against us...the run nhighlighted and we are still 10 points off the drop zone, lewes and vics are as good as down, weymouth look like they wont get another point so it's one from 6 with us looking the least likely.

Regardless we must continue to live within our means and if the budget needs trimming for next year so be it. But hopefully we'll start with decent budget as normal and see what happens in the cup....the lack of anyd decent cup runs and TV revenue has hit us hard this season but thank god we didn't overextend ourselves relying on money that was never forthcoming.

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

With 10 games left i think there is little excitement around the endf of the season.

Biazrrley our mid table comfort may be working against us...the run nhighlighted and we are still 10 points off the drop zone, lewes and vics are as good as down, weymouth look like they wont get another point so it's one from 6 with us looking the least likely.

Regardless we must continue to live within our means and if the budget needs trimming for next year so be it. But hopefully we'll start with decent budget as normal and see what happens in the cup....the lack of anyd decent cup runs and TV revenue has hit us hard this season but thank god we didn't overextend ourselves relying on money that was never forthcoming.

I agree with all of that. It's a fine line, Luton agreeing to a date change/Peyton's penalty being struck slightly more firmly could have seen us making an extra £100,000. The good thing about our club is that we don't bank on stuff working out that way, so we aren't going into the final 10 games with a team full of kids and loanees.

flaggerN

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

It is not just us who are feeling the pinch. I reckon there will be a lot of budgets being reduced for next season.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

Might have to reduce mine as wll M8.
'HAPPY NEW YEAR'.  ;)

Pitbull

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »

Let us not forget that neither of last two visiting teams brought many supporters and most of the 1000+ crowds are when there are 200-300 away supporters. The Torquay game also clashed with live European game on TV and maybe the club should try and play on Mondays instead to maximise crowds?

Previous last minute defeats have perhaps put a few fickle fans off whilst the lack of goals at home all season has probably gradually worn down interest.

What has happened to the schools games that used to attract both kids and parents? Maybe 10 mins at HT is too short to attract so why not have a longer game in the build up period to the match?

???

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 12:13:58 AM »

wouldn't it be ironic we stay up by getting enough points this season,and then because we cannot afford to stay up we relegate ourselves to bs north
Harold

Butty

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »

What has happened to the schools games that used to attract both kids and parents? Maybe 10 mins at HT is too short to attract so why not have a longer game in the build up period to the match?

???

And where do you suggest the teams warm up?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worrying Times