News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can we drawn a line under all this now

Author Topic: Can we drawn a line under all this now  (Read 2657 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »

All of this negativity is doing nothing to help the team and instead we should be looking at ways to help the club progress. After all the club and GH arent interested in our opinions about the manager anyway. No matter how bleak it gets nothing will change so lets face facts and move on

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Can we drawn a line under all this now
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:33 PM »

Spot on.

The Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »

This really annoys me. This is a forum for ***** sake. It is a place for people to air their views - good or bad and discuss/debate them if they so wish. All this absolute nonsense about the so called harm any remotely negative comments have on the team is such utter drivel. You then follow that up with GH isn't interested in our opinions ......... so what? If he isn't bothered wheres the problem? If he is bothered, good (we pay £200 a year to watch what is often an unacceptable product that he is ultimately responsible for).

Do you think Lee Elam was sat at home last night feeling gutted because a "Bob from Sale" thinks he should be on the bench?

If I'm way off the mark then I apologise, but all this rose garden rubbish is too much. Everyone shares a love of Alty at the end of the day but surely we don't all have to fall in line like some clone army?

Rant Over.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:52:34 AM by The Fan »

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:48:56 AM »

Do you think Lee Elam was sat at home last night feeling gutted because a "Bob from Sale" thinks he should be on the bench?

Probably yes, I know it would affect me if I read about people thinking I was no good on the pitch.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »

Probably yes, I know it would affect me if I read about people thinking I was no good on the pitch.

Well, if he did then he needs a bloody good kick up the arse. This is not some snotty nosed teenager trying to find his feet at this level we are talking about.

Now I can not personally comment on his performances as I've not seen him play yet, but the point I'm making isn't really about him as such. Any player at this level should be able to take criticism as well as praise as it goes with the territory. Any player worth his salt should read critical comments and want to prove them wrong.

I can understand the kid-gloves treatment with young impressionable players, but not with seasoned pros.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

Another thing that should be banned is people saying "peake me if you like" as if we require their permission.

I never gave anyone permission to peake me.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »

Another thing that should be banned is people saying "peake me if you like" as if we require their permission.

I never gave anyone permission to peake me.
Have a peake.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »

Personally if  I was a player and a fan questioned my attitude or ability I would do my utmost to prove them wrong.

This is football. Players and managers should be able to be critisied, paying customers have the right to an opinion. PERSONALLY I try to refrain from slagging off players as its not the way I think things should be done but each to their own and all that.

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 05:08:06 PM »

i actually fear this sort of thing could get out of hand this season

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

y                  e                  s                                                     

VofD

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »

i actually fear this sort of thing could get out of hand this season

There is a simple solution. ;) ;) ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team