News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Thomson

Author Topic: Peter Thomson  (Read 3111 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Peter Thomson
« on: June 23, 2007, 03:58:20 PM »

Why couldnt he get a personal trainer and sprinting coach when he was being paid by us? Hes now earning less money but splashing out on them. When will Barrow learn

Blue Square North side Barrow have made their fourth summer signing with the capture of former Southport and Altrincham striker Peter Thomson.

Bluebirds boss Phil Wilson has worked with Thomson twice before, at Southport and Lancaster City.

And Wilson has kept a close eye on Thomson's progress since they went their separate ways and was quick to lodge his interest, following the 6ft 3ins frontman's release by Altrincham in May.

"Tommo is just the type of striker we need and have been looking for since early in the New Year," Wilson told the North-West Evening Mail.

"He is a strong, attacking striker, who will get us a good quota of goals.

"He had a bad time at Alty with injury but that's all behind him now and he is fully fit.

"He has been working with a personal trainer and a sprint coach and he is determined to get his reputation back on track.

"He has the potential to be a big favourite with the fans. If they get behind him and back him he will thrive on that.

"I enquired about him last season and because of that he has agreed to come to us over other clubs.

"There are not many target men about. I've had Peter twice and know the plusses and minuses with him.

"We always get the best out of him and we think we can do that again at Barrow."

Butty

Re: Peter Thomson
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »

"He had a bad time at Alty with injury but that's all behind him now and he is fully fit.

injury:addiction to food (especially barney's)

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 04:11:07 PM »

I am convinced he can do a good job. OK maybe a fair point about fitness (or lack of) but I am sure he's capabale of scoring plenty at the North level.

I think if we had the budget we'd have kept him.

Ah well...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »

Take aways in Barrow will be on high alert
@AltyDaz

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »

Whats the betting we get Barrow in a cup tie & get beaten by a Thomson goal?

Butty

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »

hmm ye klnowin our luck that will probably happen

also plese note the relation between maccys in alty closing and peter thompson leaving the club. Anyone noticed any coincidence?

WA15

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 05:29:29 PM »

I am convinced he can do a good job. OK maybe a fair point about fitness (or lack of) but I am sure he's capabale of scoring plenty at the North level.

I think if we had the budget we'd have kept him.

Ah well...

Sorry - IMO he aways appeared lazy and showed no committment to Alty - saw him at Leigh in a reserves game, he was substituted late on, and then beat us out of the ground at the end of the match. Sure, his one and only goal for the first team was good, but I saw nothing else to make me feel anything other than sympathy for Barrow.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

"Tommo is just the type of striker we need and have been looking for since early in the New Year," Wilson told the North-West Evening Mail.

"I enquired about him last season and because of that he has agreed to come to us over other clubs.

Absolute bollocks Seeenor Weeelson.  8)

You could have had him any time had you offered last season, especially after Christmas.

If you had enquired to GH after the Stafford game he'd have driven him to Barrow himself.

Disclaimer: Never trust a man with shiny shoes and a perma-tan : Mike Atherton 2002

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »

I can only conclude that Thomson really likes the look of Barrow's club blazer....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 12:38:17 AM »

Ha ha! Thompson!!!! come on he wont make much effect in any league!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peter Thomson