News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote  (Read 2831 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Graham Heathcote
« on: June 23, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »

I have just listened to flynny's interview with heathcote and he made one or two interesting points. Everyone has been clambouring on about the need for a fast and nippy winger and an out and out goalscorer but as heathcote says they are a luxury, expensive and probably out of our reach. He has signed one proven defender and one good/average defender (depending on who you listen to) and is slowly building a team from the back. Lets all be patient and see what materialises, Im not a massive heathcote fan but for once I have confidence in what hes trying to do.

louise1925

Re: Graham Heathcote
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »

Just one of these expensive luxuries will do.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »

Luxuries don't necessarily get you results. Ask Tamworth

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 06:24:23 PM »

Band, Munroe, Rose. All steady central defenders. Ditto Lawton, Bushell, Owen, Chalmers, Peyton in midfield. Sorry GH but we suffered chronically from a lack of width last season and it cost us. I know what he means ablut strikers as well but agaian, seen it with my own eyes, everyone here knows we need a left back first and foremost.

GH tried to solve it last year with Thomson/Bowler. I'm not expecting Mullin/Baker but somewhere in between'd be nice.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »

Band, Munroe, Rose. All steady central defenders. Ditto Lawton, Bushell, Owen, Chalmers, Peyton in midfield. Sorry GH but we suffered chronically from a lack of width last season and it cost us. I know what he means ablut strikers as well but agaian, seen it with my own eyes, everyone here knows we need a left back first and foremost.

GH tried to solve it last year with Thomson/Bowler. I'm not expecting Mullin/Baker but somewhere in between'd be nice.
we certainly did suffer last season with lack of width, lawton as good as he is driving forward, aint a winger. Looks like weve improved defence (at bloody last) but still need that winger like pottsy or robinson. The spark that create something from nothing. As for forwards, with rod, little, o'neil and mcfadden im confident we can score, just need the playmaker to create the opportunities. Though senior would be a good addition to the squad.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 09:04:31 PM »

I'm very impressed with Tinson signing, class even at 37.  What I've seen of Lane he's a half decent right back and to be fair we need one, I believe Potts is back at pre season training.  In my opinion if he stayed we would've stayed up easily last season and we won't have to pay him that much.  Move Payton to left mid, get a left back and I'd get a target man, doesn't need to be big name just someone a bit like Marcus Hallows.  He can come on when were searching for a late goal rather than having Talbot as an emergency striker, this would not break bank and would make us safe, at best mid table.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:09:53 AM »

Love Ballers.

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 12:19:04 AM »

at this level you dont get any out and out wingers/any position, not totally efficiant ones anyway, you wont find a part time team with a natural player for every position on the pitch!!

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »

I think we need a craney type player (obviously). I mean a bit of creativity in the midfield, it will take pressure off the defenders and teams will sit back a bit more if there's someone to worry about. we have great midfielders but they're all battlers and holding players.

Bring back Craney!

Inaura

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

Forget Craney, bring back Robinson, just make sure he gets his papers sorted out!
 ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote