News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager

Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 3267 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New Manager
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

I know that we have all seen some changes with the team in terms of motivation and passion and that he hasn't had the opportunity to bring new players in but does anyone think that a fresh face from outside the club in the managers chair would be a good idea?

VofD

Re: New Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »

YES

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »

NO
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »

In McKenna I trust

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »

I was originally a "yes", but now I think Kenny should be given a chance.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »

I really do not see the point in replacing McKenna..

He has got the same players that GH left him..

The financial situation is not going to change even if Alex Ferguson came to manage the club........

markecky

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »

There is only so much anyone can do with these players be it Ken McKenna or Jose Mourinhio.

Its grossly unfair to judge Mckenna because he is an old face, simply because he took the assistants job to build up his conference experience.

Its like saying we would have him back if he had never been assistant manager.  You're punishing him for coming in a few years back.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »

Ken McKenna is working with players that are not upto standard (words heard from a previous excellent non league manager, despite him bringing them in and now leaving us with a hard budget to work with???) and players that he has to do things with whether he likes it or not ?

Ken McKenna has got results with players the previous manager could not so therefore an improvement and I believe a fighting scouse spirit is whats needed.... I say give him a go.

I still chuckle at the fact people line up GH for future 'decent' jobs despite leaving the club in the mess its in on the pitch?? Its not Ken's fault that he has what he has to work with and if anything fair play for him to stepping up and not just walking away with GH.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:31:27 PM by gazwarrington »

John W

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:31 PM »

Ken McKenna is working with players that are not upto standard (words heard from a previous excellent non league manager, despite him bringing them in and now leaving us with a hard budget to work with???) and players that he has to do things with whether he likes it or not ?

Ken McKenna has got results with players the previous manager could not so therefore an improvement and I believe a fighting scouse spirit is whats needed.... I say give him a go.

I still chuckle at the fact people line up GH for future 'decent' jobs despite leaving the club in the mess its in on the pitch?? Its not Ken's fault that he has what he has to work with and if anything fair play for him to stepping up and not just walking away with GH.
You really don't like the Cote, do you?  What is it?  Did he ignore you one day?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »

You really don't like the Cote, do you?  What is it?  Did he ignore you one day?

Remember what GH has done previously - last season for instance. He reached the end of his shelf life with Alty, but this does not mean he will not do a good job elsewhere. If I were the chairman of a lower league team looking for a manager I would be banging GH's door down.

jimmyhank

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »

I was originally a "yes", but now I think Kenny should be given a chance.

I'm of the same opinion, Phil. One of the lads I stand with on the pop side asked me the same question and I originally said that a fresh start would be best. However, the players do appear to have reacted very well to KM and watching them run over to him during one of the home games after scoring spoke volumes.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager