News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 anyone impress v old gregs today

Author Topic: anyone impress v old gregs today  (Read 1637 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 07, 2007, 11:12:25 PM »

what about that left back coo ? also the lad up front scott metcalfe is a timperley lad with an   eye for goal

Altysmiffy

Re: anyone impress v old gregs today
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

According to the match report both the triallists seemed to have had decent games in a generally decent performance; "For Alty, Coo was impressing at the back whilst Berkeley was winning a number of useful freekicks for his side."

Anyone got eye witness reports?

strong black coffee

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »

Coo was the pick of the bunch. He's not left footed however. All the players liked to pass,and made the best chances but couldn't put them away. They were caught out at dead ball situations, probably because they were a makeshift side. Probably too early to say considering the level of the opposition whether anyone could play for the first team, but plenty more games against decent opposition to find out. The young centrehalf Tom Cosgrave looked good in the first half but I think he got injured. Berkley, Mulholland and Walker all had good games but went missing in parts. As I said early days.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »

was just like watching the first team in parts i.e. the opposition had 6ft tall defenders and we had small strikers :D.
there was controversy around altys second goal as no one heard the ref actually signal the goal had been given all that was to be heard was pat mcfadden (sporting a new manly beard) sreaming "it's in ! ! ! "  Gregorians played well but in truth had this alty side played together more often then the score would have been 4 or 5 to alty (just that last ball always seemed too long).that left back looked a solid player and i would like to see him play against proper opposition in a better game i.e. bury on tuesday,one thing about gregoirans was that gregorians did possess the worlds best stuart coburn lookalike (see picture) maybe a long lost brother me thinks?

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team