PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 26603 times)

62vintage

Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »

I would drop all our defenders todays except for Smith who I would play as sweeper, which is surely his best position

markecky

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »

I think  Beesley showed glimpses of being a striker...

Joseph and Brown should be told not to bother coming again.

I dont like singling anyone out but I'd like DNA proof that the Marc Jospeh we have played a football league game.

VofD

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »

Absolutely PATHETIC performance today. Based on what we saw, I honestly believe that we will not get another league point this season.When Ken and the players were jogging round at 4.15, I shouted to them "Saved from embarrassment", to which Ken replied " You're not wrong".How low can we go? >:( >:( >:(

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »

Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

Was not there today but these sound like very desperate times for us- have we any chance of bringing any new faces in at all or do we simply have no money at all to spend?

ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »

Was not there today but these sound like very desperate times for us- have we any chance of bringing any new faces in at all or do we simply have no money at all to spend?

Its more the fact that some total sh*t has been put on a contract and I am pretty sure will be hapy to sit in the stand and collect their money if needs be.

62vintage

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »

After watching todays performance, this would be the team I would pick, purely for the replay on Tuesday. I think the defence would be tighter (not difficult) and the rest of the team would cause them far to many problems, and the battering I predicted would happen.   

Coburn
Danylyk  Smith  Welch  Densmore
Denham  Lawton  Hewson  Clee
        Beesley Twiss/Reeves

Looking forward to the replies from some of you kittens
here kitty kitty

Nonleaguer

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »

Let's revisit the past two seasons when Alty had two very creditable finishes. With Lawton and Danylyk in the middle we at least stopped the opposition and worked back to support the defence. Is Ken too pig headed to revert to this and at least cut out the ease which opponents are driving through at will. Loanees are supposed to add more to a team, I see no better with the likes of Somner and Baynes than the options we have had at our disposal. One things for sure, if Alty do drop into BSN, they will find it difficult at best to return to the Conference Premier.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

I would like to thank the club Vicar Andy Barclay-Watts i asked him to ask him up stairs for help...........So he did and cut the power ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »

I would drop all our defenders todays except for Smith who I would play as sweeper, which is surely his best position

Agree with that, Smithy is our best defender by a mile and needs to be at DC. Drop the rest.

RB: Densmore
DC: Smith
DC: Welch
LB: God knows, when the hell is Doughty back? Please!

sod getting new right wingers like Baynes and new forwards like Beesley, we need people who can defend.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

LB: God knows, when the hell is Doughty back? Please!

When he's grown 6 inches
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »

Its more the fact that some total sh*t has been put on a contract and I am pretty sure will be hapy to sit in the stand and collect their money if needs be.

Which players are on a contract at the club out of interest?- I know Twiss is
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »

KM please select a different team on Teusday, one with a bit of heart and desire. Curzon were hungrier and quicker to the ball than us. Only Cleee showed some desire. What a waste of money today, and the traffic getting out!

Come on Alty

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2010, 08:16:27 PM »

Saw a decent ground today.......the only positive. Took an hour to get back to Alty, seriously considering skipping Tuesday
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2010, 10:28:28 PM »

We're used to the concept of the AGM Cup. Well today, we won the FAT Shield. FAT doesn't stand for Football Association Trophy. It stands for F*ck All Tuesday, which is what we're certain to get if we put in another performance like this afternoon's pathetic effort.

Only Smith and Clee emerge with real credit, and Beesley, Densmore and Somner were at least average.
Baynes : Sky blue boots ? GLOVES ? ? Only needs a bloody snood to look the complete T**t he played like.
Brown : A one-footed embarrassment - can't even provide the basics.
Joseph : I've seen him play worse, but I've seen Sunday League players play better.
Denham : Assuming we have the same ref for the replay, I hope he's sufficiently embarrassed to have been rumbled when he gave up chasing a 50-50 ball and fell over holding his face, NOT TO TRY IT AGAIN ! Should have been booked for simulation. He is NOT a "through the middle" striker and shouldn't be wasted as such.
Williams : I have never seen him so badly embarrassed. Their guy gave him a total nightmare. His complaint to the linesman was laughable, and was treated as such !
Coburn : Yes he made some good stops, but I thought his handling was dodgy, and his positioning on the opener was awful. 

Curzon are a tidy team, but we should still be beating the likes of them. And a word for the officials today - I thought they worked well as a unit, and couldn't be faulted.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread