PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 26600 times)

bumble

Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »

so who'll be back on tuesday?

62vintage

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »

I will be there and am hoping the players turn up this time. If any of the players are unsure where the ground is, the postcode is OL7 9HG. The Curzon Ashton website also has directions.
From what I saw on Saturday as long as we pick the right players we should be ok.
If any of you players are not up for it perhaps you should consider a career change!
We as supporters are paying good money and taking time and effort to support you home and away. I am sure I speak for the majority when I say that we can accept defeats if we see you trying your best.
On Saturday we may have turned it round in the second half (who knows) but the team`s first 45 minutes performance was disgraceful. You now have a golden opportunity on Tuesday to put it right, don`t let us down.   

Altyant

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »

Absolutely horrendous performance yesterday and have never been so glad to see a game abandoned in my life.

As mentioned above, Clee was the only player to come out of the game with any credit. We got a warning before their first goal, when we put a very poor looking defensive wall up for a free kick, which almost beat Stu. How Somner is in the side ahead of Danylyk and Lawton, I really do not know. Our top scorer spends every week wasting away on the bench, while the team doesnt really look like scoring, let alone winning a game.

Clearly players like Baynes, Somner, Brown and Joseph are not performing and should be moved on quickly to create room in the budget to strengthen the squad.

bumble

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2010, 07:02:49 PM »

Thats our third game in a row where stu's conceded (directly or bad save) from a free kick......

bighairedmike

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

I have refrained from posting on here about this, but after 2 full days I am still as lost, confused and completely baffled about what I witnessed on Saturday afternoon.

This was my first game of the season and whilst I had heard reports about how poor we were I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. One worrying thing is that people have said that we have played worse this season, and if that is true then it is an absolute disgrace. The thing that is downright scary is the fact that someone mentioned they have seen Marc Joseph play worse. If THAT is true then I don't know what the hell our managers this season have been thinking whilst selecting him. That was the most inadequate display by any so called conference level centre back I have ever seen. Absolutely terrifying.

I'll comment on individuals and on areas as I saw it from someone that hasn't seen anything yet this season.

Coburn: Age is catching up with him. I know people have said how magnificent he was against bath etc and I still believe he can produce moments of absolute class however I would argue with the fact that he is a considerably better collector of crosses than Coates. He has never been the most commanding in the air and it seems as though he hardly ever gets off the ground. On Saturday his choice of wall formation was worrying at best.

Smith: Very anonymous game on Saturday. Still don't think he should be playing at right back and we saw him get drawn across to cover for the glaring errors by Marc Joseph and Rob Williams. I still think a 3 at the back with Smith to hold it all together is the best way forward. By far out best defender and was made to work a hell of a lot harder by incompetence from our centre backs. The best of a bad bunch on Saturday. Came out with more credit than the others.

Williams: Looks like a player severely lacking in confidence and without a commanding centre half partner giving advice as he goes. His distribution is poor and he just plays long balls up to the strikers. This smacks of a lack of confidence in the ball playing abilities of the midfield and yet another concern. Lack of confidence.

Joseph: As I said, absolutely woeful performance. Got turned every single time by a striker from a league 3 below ours. No heading ability, unable to clear properly, ended up on his arse more times than bambi on ice. Can not understand his inclusion in the side. Whether it was an attempt to make him realise he was better than EvoStick level and give him some confidence I don't know. Whatever it was it didn't work. In all of my time watching Alty I can't remember a single worse performance from any centre back of any team, especially in the conference. I am actually lost for words bad enough to describe that monstrosity. The only thing I can think is that he is actually retarded from the feet upwards. Dire.

Brown: Not good enough. That is all. Seems to have lost his will to get forward and help out Nickey Clee on the left. Seems to have lost his will to defend in any measure. I lost count of the number of times he got done by their winger and the amount of times he didn't manage to get forward and support. We seriously need a left back. I'd rather have Warren Peyton back there because at least he showed a bit of effort. Screw it, I'd rather have Andy Scott there than him at the minute. Didn't look arsed.

Baynes: I was very excited about the possibility of Baynes having an impact when he first arrived and it seems he showed a bit of promise at first from reports I heard. However, that seems to have totally disappeared in a matter of weeks and he was a complete passenger on Saturday. Absolutely worthless, had no composure on the ball, managed to get into a relatively decent position, cut inside and lost the ball as soon as it left his foot. Passing was atrocious. Work rate even worse. I'd send him back just for that performance alone. Didn't look arsed.

Densmore: Why is he not playing at right back/ right wingback? He created some openings on Saturday but a lack of movement from the forwards and other midfielders made it impossible to get the pass in. Doesn't want to shoot unless its within 15 yards of the goal and lost many an opportunity to test out a keeper that was determined to bat away as many shots as possible. He has a good cross on him and works well down the right. If it aint broke, don't fix it. By no means the worst player on the pitch. Doesn't mean it was a good performance though. Confused about this one. Also, If you read this Shaun, when you lose the ball or someone doesnt get a pass to you don't drop your head as if the worlds against you. Keep going and show some enthusiasm to win it back. That is all. Didn't look arsed enough.

Somner: Saw a lot of people getting on his back on Saturday, probably because he has shown some decent performances when he first came here. After a poor and anonymous half an hour he managed to salvage a little bit of my faith in him. Showed a few good touches and looked comfortable when holding the ball. Shame he didn't do it all the time. Didn't look arsed enough to try and win the ball back.

Clee: Our best player by far on Saturday. Looked like more of a threat with one movement than the rest of the midfield put together. Not as good as last years performances but not helped by a forward line that couldn't have been more static if they had been wearing lead boots. Only player that came out of it with any sort of credibility in my eyes.

Beesley: A quote from my Kiddy supporting mate before this match not knowing that he was at Alty on loan... "And then they brought on Beesley who is actually the biggest pile of sh*te striker I have ever seen. I feel genuinely sorry for whoever has him at the minute." Just about sums it up. Yes he got the goal. Off the post and keeper from a free header 6 yards out in the centre of the goal. Apart from that he lacked movement, the ability to hold the ball up, the ability to pass, the ability to shoot. Shocking, and didn't look arsed.

Denham: Definitely not an out and out through the middle striker. Much prefer him on the right side of a 3 up front or as a right mid. Made some good runs and looked as if he at least slightly wanted to do something half decent. Did a hard job infront of a midfield that, apart from Clee, created very little for the strikers.

DEFENCE:
We desperately need a commanding centre back and we need to get shot of Joseph ASAP how he managed to play 300 and something football league games is beyond me. We need a left back. Brown is just not good enough.

MIDFIELD:
Get densmore at right back again, get rid of Baynes. Get Lawton or Danylyk in there. Bollocks get them both in there. They would show passion and grit. Something that lacked right the way through the team on Saturday and Robbie would marshal the bunch of out of sorts wankers we call footballers that were playing on Saturday.

FORWARDS:
Play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Clee and Denham on the wings. Why is our top scorer warming the bench week in week out? Reeves has showed he has the ability at other clubs in our league and has backed it up with goals for us. Nonplussed. If we insist on playing a 4-4-2 then still have Clee and Denham on the wings and play Twiss and Reeves upfront.

Sorry for the length of this and the ranty nature of it, it's been a long time since I have got to a match so thought I could at least put some input into the forum. Shame it hasn't been all that positive. I am still so severely pissed off after that atrocity at the weekend. I hate being so far away from all the action. I hate even more spending my very limited cash on coming back to be "treated" to a display like that. And if that is not the worst performance of the season then I feel genuinely sorry for everybody who has had to endure that all season.

Anyway, thats everything. Thoughts? Opinions? Am I going insane or is this how our season has gone?

taxi Phil

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »

Good post. Agree with most of it. Wish I could query your sanity - but I can't.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread