PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw.... vs Barwell away
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FA Cup Draw.... vs Barwell away  (Read 10556 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup Draw.... vs Barwell away
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »

Its a superb draw, we had a 50% chance of drawing a fellow conference side, I think its nearly as good as we could have got

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

Could have been a lot worse. Barwell is near Leicester I think.

Draw was topped off by Colin Murray referring to us as Altrincham TOWN.

I wouldn't mind, but he was clearly trying to come across as the ultimate authority on all things non-League, trotting out bits of trivia about each team as they came out of the hat. Can perhaps excuse him not knowing our ground is now called The J.Davidson Stadium, rather than Moss Lane (though it was a somewhat needless reference to it, anyway, seeing as we'd just been drawn away), but Altrincham Town is just unforgivable. We're not exactly unknown in FA Cup circles, are we? Shameful for a broadcaster on national radio.

roytonmike

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »

Could have been a lot worse. Barwell is near Leicester I think.

Draw was topped off by Colin Murray referring to us as Altrincham TOWN.

I wouldn't mind, but he was clearly trying to come across as the ultimate authority on all things non-League, trotting out bits of trivia about each team as they came out of the hat. Can perhaps excuse him not knowing our ground is now called The J.Davidson Stadium, rather than Moss Lane (though it was a somewhat needless reference to it, anyway, seeing as we'd just been drawn away), but Altrincham Town is just unforgivable. We're not exactly unknown in FA Cup circles, are we? Shameful for a broadcaster on national radio.
Thought the whole TalkSport approach was tacky. If you're going to get fans to do the draw at least get fans for whom it's relevant - i.e. non-league fans rather than a Brummie & a Shepherd's Bush Rubbish supporter;don't give it the Abide With Me gloss & find a presenter who has some idea of what he's talking about other than a prepared script. As for the draw - I wanted an away tie against new opposition, & that's what we've got. Get the coach sorted, please, Ecky, so we can get booked on this weekend. 

eightiesrobin

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

Talksh*te tacky? Never!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »

Should we get through, I wouldnt mind Norton or Shildon or Stourbridge in First Round proper.

It turns out I have not seen us win an FA Cup match since Frickley in 1986 or an away win since Birmingham City!  5 matches since Frickley without even a goal being scored!

With a record like that can I suggest that you stay away a week on Saturday and offer to take the missus to Tesco ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »

Conclusive proof that there isn't a God:

"Macclesfield, who face Conference rivals Wrexham, have been drawn at home for the seventh successive time in the FA Cup."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

I think Tesco Barwell will probably be shut when the billy big boys of the Vanarama Conference come to town

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 05:47:58 PM »

I think Tesco Barwell will probably be shut when the billy big boys of the Vanarama Conference come to town

Do they have  a 'superstore'?
Full time and proud of it

anglo alty

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »

bg focus for this need to win, big money at stake in round 1 especially with TV coverage can't afford to miss out again

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »

Banana skin.

More so than you might think. What colour are bananas ? Yellow, or green before they ripen. Barwell wear yellow shirts with green sleeves, and green shorts.

Of course, they later turn brown. Let's hope that they don't match the insides of our shorts.

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »

After so many total feck-ups in the recent seasons the club AS A WHOLE should need no reminders about being (semi) professional about this. Nobody wants that Trafford feeling again - so get heads sorted  and instill the right approach into the players.  Do have Barwell watched, do assume it's going to be a tough game, and do assume we need to be at our very best to win.

It's been too many years since the third round was graced by the name of Altrincham FC.

GB Alty

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 07:41:18 PM »

It when of the easiest ties we could have got

Anyone would have been a banana skin

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »

If that tie is a banana skin anything is it may even be a better draw away because they will play more and therefore leave gaps

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »

its a definite banana skin....if we're not careful it could turn into a hot potato.....

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »

its a definite banana skin....if we're not careful it could turn into a hot potato.....
Are you trying to a-peel to our more humorous tendencies ? At our best we should skin 'em. All yours Hamilton......
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup Draw.... vs Barwell away