News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston Match

Author Topic: Boston Match  (Read 1146 times)

markecky

Boston Match
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:03 PM »

Are we really in the hat for the FA Cup first round?  You're telling me we have won through three rounds away from home in a cup competition?

Boston were no mugs today, they started like a train and had clearly thought they had to fight fire with fire.  Very lucky deflection when the guy who scored blasted a shot that came back to his feet for another go.  However at that stage they probably deserved as we were struggling to find any sort of rhythm.  They has some useful players as well and were well up for it.

Definite red card for sending Matt Doughty six foot in the air.  Our back line was playing very well but the forwards weren't as effective as we had seen in recent weeks although we can maybe credit Boston for that.

Rodgers was everywhere but gave the ball away a few times (not that now is the time to criticise that), Moult was playing well in midfield but kept hitting weak shots the keeper (sorted that out later on)

When they had ten it still looked like it might be one of those days.

Then a great finish from Lawrie and its all square.

Complete suicide occurs from Boston when their man fully shoves Moult in the face, gets sent off and swings a punch at Densmore.

Then Moult scores a thunderbolt that was harder than his three other shots put together and its game over.  We kept the ball for about 15 mins at one point.

Another blaster from Clee and its all over.

Not our best performance of the season but it matters not one bit.

Great support and a great win.

Special mention for the back four today,  Hall and Havern were outstanding but Dens and Doughty were also class.  Great save from Stu in the first half as well.

We're in a hat on the tele!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:29:26 PM by markecky »

bumble

Re: Boston Match
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »

Moult goal was superb.... I know Boston have had highlights this season, I hope they have some of todays game

I think I ended up four rows in front (granted theyre not the biggest rows) celebrating that goal wth Uncle Steve!

Throughly enjoyed the day... Bring on the draw...

Great day in the league as well 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:19:21 PM by Stoke Alty »

Robin Reliant

Re: Boston Match
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »

Are we really in the hat for the FA Cup first round?  You're telling me we have won through three rounds away from home in a cup competition?

Boston were no mugs today, they started like a train and had clearly thought they had to fight fire with fire.  Very lucky deflection when the guy who scored blasted a shot that came back to his feet for another go.  However at that stage they probably deserved as we were struggling to find any sort of rhythm.  They has some useful players as well and were well up for it.

Definite red card for sending Matt Doughty six foot in the air.  Our back line was playing very well but the forwards weren't as effective as we had seen in recent weeks although we can maybe credit Boston for that.

Rodgers was everywhere but gave the ball away a few times (not that now is the time to criticise that), Moult was playing well in midfield but kept hitting weak shots the keeper (sorted that out later on)

When they had ten it still looked like it might be one of those days.

Then a great finish from Lawrie and its all square.

Complete suicide occurs from Boston when their man fully shoves Moult in the face, gets sent off and swings a punch at Densmore.

Then Moult scores a thunderbolt that was harder than his three other shots put together and its game over.  We kept the ball for about 15 mins at one point.

Another blaster from Clee and its all over.

Not our best performance of the season but it matters not one bit.

Great support and a great win.

Special mention for the back four today,  Hall and Havern were outstanding but Dens and Doughty were also class.  Great save from Stu in the first half as well.

We're in a hat on the tele!

Thanks for that...it sounded good on the radio too  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston Match