News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Key Dates

Author Topic: Key Dates  (Read 4257 times)

andrewflynn

Key Dates
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

Taken from a post I came across on the Farsley website:

The opening weekend of the 2017/18 campaign will begin on Saturday 12 August 2017 and will last 38 weeks, finishing on Saturday 28 April 2018. That will allow the respective Play-Off Semi-Finals to take place on Tuesday 1 May 2018 and the Finals on Saturday 5 May 2018.

In addition, the Integro League Cup Final will be played on Tuesday 10 April 2018.

York Alty is back

Re: Key Dates
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »

I'd happily not bother with the Integro Cup in exchange for promotion. Call me fussy if you wish.

Good to know the start date. Thanks.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »

I'd happily not bother with the Integro Cup in exchange for promotion. Call me fussy if you wish.

Bollocks to that. We've got to go out with the intention of steamrollering every competition we're in. No half arsed nonsense, an all out change of mentality is needed.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:54 PM »

Bollocks to that. We've got to go out with the intention of steamrollering every competition we're in. No half arsed nonsense, an all out change of mentality is needed.

League, League Cup and Senior Cup treble please.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »

League, League Cup and Senior Cup treble please.
I dread to think which round of the Trophy we start in, but I'd like to see us still in it in January.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »

If we're serious about getting out of this tinpot league at the first attempt, we can't afford to be playing three games a week in March onwards. I'd like a decent FA Cup run, but you can screw the Trophy, the Integro Cup, and the CS bloody C. Use them to bring in reserve and youth players.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »

If we're serious about getting out of this tinpot league at the first attempt, we can't afford to be playing three games a week in March onwards. I'd like a decent FA Cup run, but you can screw the Trophy, the Integro Cup, and the CS bloody C. Use them to bring in reserve and youth players.

Definitely.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »

Last season the Integro cup ties were settled on the night with pens after ninety mins. I like that for this sort of a competition.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »

Does anyone know the dates of the rounds we enter the Cup & Trophy at?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »

We will enter at the 1st qualifying round on the 2nd September. They usually make the preliminary and first round draws together so it'll be Stamford lads v unicorn '86 v Altrincham

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »

We will enter at the 1st qualifying round on the 2nd September. They usually make the preliminary and first round draws together so it'll be Stamford lads v unicorn '86 v Altrincham

Crikey.

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »

We can expect to enter the Trophy at the 1st Qualifying Round - first time since 1974, when incidentally we had a 5-0 win at Nantwich. The 2016-7 date for that round was the last Saturday in October; equivalent date this year would be Oct 28. It is just possible one or two clubs might get byes into the 2nd QR - it's happened before - but that's in the lap of the gods.
Cup rounds will be at fortnightly intervals so 2QR Sept 16, 3QR Sept 30, 4QR Oct 14. 1st Round Proper would be three weeks later, i.e. first Saturday in November. Incidentally, last time we were in the Cup 1QR was 1992 - 3-0 v Curzon (h).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:07:41 PM by roytonmike »

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »

We can expect to enter the Trophy at the 1st Qualifying Round - first time since 1974, when incidentally we had a 5-0 win at Nantwich. The 2016-7 date for that round was the last Saturday in October; equivalent date this year would be Oct 28. It is just possible one or two clubs might get byes into the 2nd QR - it's happened before - but that's in the lap of the gods.
Cup rounds will be at fortnightly intervals so 2QR Sept 16, 3QR Sept 30, 4QR Oct 14. 1st Round Proper would be three weeks later, i.e. first Saturday in November. Incidentally, last time we were in the Cup 1QR was 1992 - 3-0 v Curzon (h).

The first few sentences don't make sense.

The first qualifying last year was in October?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »

First paragraph refers to FA Trophy - 1QR this year late October

The  second to the FA Cup 1QR in September

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »

First paragraph refers to FA Trophy - 1QR this year late October

The  second to the FA Cup 1QR in September