News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Logan and back 4

Author Topic: Logan and back 4  (Read 2757 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Logan and back 4
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »

For all those who slade Logan's committment. He has stayed around and I have been told by a friend that he attends training each week. Logan has not sulked or left to find another club even when he was dropped from the bench.He can not be compared to the likes of Bowler. He played very well when he came on and again showed again he can track back, he made the corner in which we scored from.

I think Peyton is a waste of time on the left of mid, apart from that goal against Kiddy he has not done or produced anything. Never hits the byline to deliver a dangerous cross and is very very slow. Still sure that he we played Carlos for several games in a row, instead of Peyton we'll be able to go at teams and get leads, instead of always chasing games. Also in my opinion ourbest back four is

LB Jennings - very good and also attacks down the left and can put a good ball in
RB Lane - consistant andgreat crosser
CB Shotton - pure class
CB Young -again seems class

Tinson is well passed his best, still good in the air buit gets murdered on the floor but I just know he will walk back in the team. I believe the above is our strongest back four. Hands up Joe did really well when he came on the other night but still missed a very good chance but held it up well. A couple of Logan breaks were quality and it helped to relieve the defence from pressure. Still think its stupid taking Senior off so early each game, when teams become tired we need Senior on as he is the only one who could get behind the defence, for example against Drolysden late on ,unless we start bringing logan on upfront which could work becausehe is strong and very quick.

baldrick

Re: Logan and back 4
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:39:59 AM »

The problem with Logan is inconsistency. This makes him unreliable. Tinson must start when he is available. He is still a quality player and natural leader. A big strong old fashioned centre forward is needed upfront with Senior and Little supporting. Joe is another player who can be brilliant at times but he will never score enough goals.

starjammer

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »

From the Setanta commentary (as the corner won by Logan was taken which lead to the equalising goal)

"Good play from Logan...opened the game up...first time it's happened for Altrincham"

Logan is the kind of player who "makes things happen". If I was an opposition defender I'd rather Logan stayed on the bench so I could get plenty of heading practise - clearing hopeful long balls to Little and Senior!

Glad to see him back!

Butty

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

No doubt that Logan is dedicated and also that he has some talent. Fitness wise, he may not be top of the list ad I think (when used) that he is best used running at tired defenders

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »

Prefer a back four of Shotton Tinson Young Jennings.

Shottons athleticism down the right hand side makes us much more capable, especially combined with Toulsons pace. Toulson did really well holding that side together when we went 3-4-3.

To be honest I'd start with Cahill and Little up front and bring Senior on after an hour. Much more effective that way, could do it Cahill and Senior with Little coming on I suppose. We're just a bit short (literally) up front at the moment without Cahill. I suppose giving Carlos 15 mins up front at the end without any defensive responsibilities is a good use of him. A rejuvanated Joe O'Neill would make a massive difference too.

Football is swings and roundabouts I suppose, lost a 2 goal lead v York, pulled a 2 goal deficit back v Woking. Got a free Saturday now. i'll be mighty pissed off with Kiddy if they lose at home to VIcs, whihc is possible, as they'll have lost to Droylsden and Vics since we beat them which takes the shine of it csomewhat.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »

i prefer shotton at centre back with his pacem,for me lane over battersby from what i have seen up to now at right back

Hodgey

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

My Best Team.

Coburn

Jennings
Shotton
Tinson
Lane

King
Lawton
Touslon
Logan

Cahill
Senior

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »

For all those who slade Logan's committment. He has stayed around and I have been told by a friend that he attends training each week. Logan has not sulked or left to find another club even when he was dropped from the bench.He can not be compared to the likes of Bowler. He played very well when he came on and again showed again he can track back, he made the corner in which we scored from.

I think Peyton is a waste of time on the left of mid, apart from that goal against Kiddy he has not done or produced anything. Never hits the byline to deliver a dangerous cross and is very very slow. Still sure that he we played Carlos for several games in a row, instead of Peyton we'll be able to go at teams and get leads, instead of always chasing games. Also in my opinion ourbest back four is

LB Jennings - very good and also attacks down the left and can put a good ball in
RB Lane - consistant andgreat crosser
CB Shotton - pure class
CB Young -again seems class

Tinson is well passed his best, still good in the air buit gets murdered on the floor but I just know he will walk back in the team. I believe the above is our strongest back four. Hands up Joe did really well when he came on the other night but still missed a very good chance but held it up well. A couple of Logan breaks were quality and it helped to relieve the defence from pressure. Still think its stupid taking Senior off so early each game, when teams become tired we need Senior on as he is the only one who could get behind the defence, for example against Drolysden late on ,unless we start bringing logan on upfront which could work becausehe is strong and very quick.

Bollocks. He is calm and composed and is a great passer. He man marked Keane and Vieras love child Manny Pather out of the first half against york and manny only got going in the second when warrens legs started to go. He also outran a couple of woking players on thursday (including Goma Lambu who is hardly the slowest person on the field). Still need him IMO

Absolute crap. He gets muscled off the ball so many times and is always on his arse. Sometimes before he even has the ball.

On a side note, when did he turn into Craig David?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

Stayin Up!

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion. Where is Little?

Top scorer and 4 in 3 games.

His average over the years is around a goal every other game, no one else is near this.

Peyton is 100% every game and should also start.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »

Stayin Up!

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion. Where is Little?

Top scorer and 4 in 3 games.

His average over the years is around a goal every other game, no one else is near this.

Peyton is 100% every game and should also start.

It's funny how quickly things can change. Before the turn of the year I would have gone with Senior ahead of Little, but that spell as a sub seems to have rejuvanated him somewhat. I certainly wouldn't leave him out of the side at the moment.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »

365 - I agree, leaving him on the bench had the desired effect.

Just whether a fit Cahill starts instead of Senior. It does give us options though. :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Logan and back 4