News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 73 days till Eastbourne - BELIEVE!!

Author Topic: 73 days till Eastbourne - BELIEVE!!  (Read 3526 times)

bumble

« on: February 16, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »

There are approximately 73 days till the end of the season, our aim is to be safe at 17:00 on the 30th Apri

We can still do this - no I'm not stupid niave or blind - I said last night it's likely to be Stalybridge rather than stickport next season - but we have to believe we can do this, but the fact is if the players want this as much as we want this then we can. It's gonna be a hard month or 2 but BELIEVE!

As much as last night is the worst performance I can remember , like I said before I considered walking out, we still have 16 games left to play - 2 against FGR, 1 vs barrow 1 vs Eastbourne - I hope like Eastbourne and blyth last night was a one off.

I went to the first histon game - we were abysmal - I thought we'd grown as a team but it looked the same as the first time round

I'll be there on Saturday, I hope everyone who can be there will be - back in the darkest days - we said to still be in with a chance cs Eastbourne will be an achievement - I still think it's gonna go down to the last day

Yes it was a dire performance but at times like the club doesn't need us giving up - because if the supporters give up what message does that send to our lads

The tables looked a lot worse! Weren't we 9 or 7 a drift? Now 3

17 Cambridge32   -8   34
18   Southport 29   -3   32
19   Forest Green 30   -21   30
20   Barrow 29 -14    28
21   Hayes & Y 32   -28   28
22   Histon 31 -20   26
23   Altrincham30   -35   25
24   Eastbourne B 30   -30   22

andrewflynn

Re: 73 days till Eastbourne - BELIEVE!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »

There are approximately 73 days till the end of the season, our aim is to be safe at 17:00 on the 30th Apri

We can still do this - no I'm not stupid niave or blind - I said last night it's likely to be Stalybridge rather than stickport next season - but we have to believe we can do this, but the fact is if the players want this as much as we want this then we can. It's gonna be a hard month or 2 but BELIEVE!

As much as last night is the worst performance I can remember , like I said before I considered walking out, we still have 16 games left to play - 2 against FGR, 1 vs barrow 1 vs Eastbourne - I hope like Eastbourne and blyth last night was a one off.
I went to the first histon game - we were abysmal - I thought we'd grown as a team but it looked the same as the first time round

The Eastbourne, Blyth and Histon games haven't been one-offs though. For the fourth or fifth time of saying this on here, this is the most erratic side I have ever seen. Our inconsistency is the killer and what will probably see us relegated, we aren't a bad side but we've just let too many winnable games go, simple as that. When we perform we are capable of battling with the top half, when we don't we are easily ripped apart by Histon and Eastbourne. We haven't consistently given a level performance required when you're in a relegation scrap and it's the most frustrating thing in the world.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »

I'll be there on Saturday, I hope everyone who can be there will be - back in the darkest days - we said to still be in with a chance cs Eastbourne will be an achievement - I still think it's gonna go down to the last day

Yes it was a dire performance but at times like the club doesn't need us giving up - because if the supporters give up what message does that send to our lads

The tables looked a lot worse! Weren't we 9 or 7 a drift? Now 3

17 Cambridge32   -8   34
18   Southport 29   -3   32
19   Forest Green 30   -21   30
20   Barrow 29 -14    28
21   Hayes & Y 32   -28   28
22   Histon 31 -20   26
23   Altrincham30   -35   25
24   Eastbourne B 30   -30   22

I think you could equally say the opposite ie, if the players give up what message does that send to the supporters?

I don't think we are at that stage but I do believe that Kenny is fighting an unbelievably hard battle to keep us in this league with, in the main, players he inherited. I think it fair to say that not all of our players are willing to fight for the club, the very thing that has kept us in this league seems to be deserting us, our fighting spirit. I hope Kenny can somehow restore it to the players who are lacking.
I will be there on Saturday and Tuesday, it isn't over yet!

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:16:11 AM »

The Eastbourne, Blyth and Histon games haven't been one-offs though. For the fourth or fifth time of saying this on here, this is the most erratic side I have ever seen. Our inconsistency is the killer and what will probably see us relegated, we aren't a bad side but we've just let too many winnable games go, simple as that. When we perform we are capable of battling with the top half, when we don't we are easily ripped apart by Histon and Eastbourne. We haven't consistently given a level performance required when you're in a relegation scrap and it's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Frustrating as it is to be so inconsistent, I actually disagree with you here.

What would be utterly demoralising is if the lads were going out, week-in week-out, playing to their maximum, yet still losing. That is, simply not being good enough to get results in this league.

I know it drives us all to distraction when we play poorly and lose, but knowing there's enough in the squad to pick up results is a good thing. We have beaten some decent teams this season: Fleetwood; Mansfield; Rushden. We've also managed to put in good performances in high-pressure games against fellow relegation candidates, notably by doing the double over H&Y.

As I said in the other thread, Histon suffered a dreadful result at the weekend, but bounced back to beat us. There's no reason we can't do the same against Kettering. If so, we'll probably be one point away from safety with what remains a pretty friendly run-in.

I was gutted last night but I know we can still get out of the sh*t.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »

Frustrating as it is to be so inconsistent, I actually disagree with you here.

What would be utterly demoralising is if the lads were going out, week-in week-out, playing to their maximum, yet still losing. That is, simply not being good enough to get results in this league.

I know it drives us all to distraction when we play poorly and lose, but knowing there's enough in the squad to pick up results is a good thing. We have beaten some decent teams this season: Fleetwood; Mansfield; Rushden. We've also managed to put in good performances in high-pressure games against fellow relegation candidates, notably by doing the double over H&Y.

As I said in the other thread, Histon suffered a dreadful result at the weekend, but bounced back to beat us. There's no reason we can't do the same against Kettering. If so, we'll probably be one point away from safety with what remains a pretty friendly run-in.

I was gutted last night but I know we can still get out of the sh*t.

Agreed, in a way that was what I was trying to the say. The ability in our squad has shined in the games you have highlighted (Fleetwood, Mansfield..) but seems non-existant in others (which just so happen to be the most important.) That's what is so frustrating for me, knowing we are better than performances last night which could prove so costly.

Joe Wood

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »

Now that I've had the chance to calm down about last night, I think there's no point in condemning the performance further. In turn I agree with the sentiments of this post in that there were always going to be upsets in form in these remaining games, however frustrating they may be. The reality is that we were never going to win all of the 'must win' games due to our inconsistency and that the other teams around us will regard us as a 'must win' game and so whoever turns up as a spirited team will take the result. The unfortunate side of losing one of these easier fixtures at this point is that now we have a considerable amount of pressure to win against Kettering and to get something from the York game, or we're going to be struggling. I hope that we have all put last night's result behind us and are going to attend on Saturday and get behind the lads no matter how angry you are about our recent performance. There is still hope, as the original posts suggests, before Christmas I wouldn't have thought we would even have a chance at this point in the season but we do even though it is going to take a considerable effort from the players and us as fans. Get down to Moss Lane on Saturday.

Come on Alty.

Alty Towers

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »

I agree with the above. It seems bleak now but we aren't down until mathematically we can no longer finish above the bottom four.

I will be there on Saturday - for the first time in ages and can't wait  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »

contrary to belief on the forum I dont think we played that badly last night.

I didnt see the first goal, was still in the bar (actually talking to someone who wants to have a trial for us), the second we stood off their number 7 and the third as well ok fair enough.

Our first half performance we good, we threaten, we ran and we played good football keeping the ball. The problem was momentary lapses in concentration with poor ball control, not laying balls off fast enough and getting closed down. Second half we tried but seemed out of puff.

Clee for me was our man of the match, reeves still looks dangerous and I have to say I like his style, even Twiss played well. The overall problem for me last night was midfield who seemed all at sea second half.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »

It's a forum so we are allowed to disagree on things......so here goes

No way was Clee MoM......he worked very hard, but he gave away the ball in great positions far too often to win the MoM award...last night was not one of his good games for us
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »

It's a forum so we are allowed to disagree on things......so here goes

No way was Clee MoM......he worked very hard, but he gave away the ball in great positions far too often to win the MoM award...last night was not one of his good games for us

I agree,
However clee was doubled up when trying to attack - histom had done their homework on him

I don't think anyone particularly deserved a man of the match - from our side atleast

Jacko

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »

i was actually looking forward to performing my conga  :'(

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »

Delete Conga ... Insert Death March... (if we have any more performances like last nights)  :D

Jacko

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »

Delete Conga ... Insert Death March... (if we have any more performances like last nights)  :D
:o

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 06:07:57 PM »

contrary to belief on the forum I dont think we played that badly last night.

I didnt see the first goal, was still in the bar (actually talking to someone who wants to have a trial for us), the second we stood off their number 7 and the third as well ok fair enough.

Our first half performance we good, we threaten, we ran and we played good football keeping the ball. The problem was momentary lapses in concentration with poor ball control, not laying balls off fast enough and getting closed down. Second half we tried but seemed out of puff.

Clee for me was our man of the match, reeves still looks dangerous and I have to say I like his style, even Twiss played well. The overall problem for me last night was midfield who seemed all at sea second half.

Was it Kenny after a trial?
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team