PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bye bye Scotty and Fats Aspinall
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: bye bye Scotty and Fats Aspinall  (Read 4026 times)

letsbyavenue

« on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »

Gary Scott Scott has given good service and Aspinall less so {though making contribution to burger bar profits}, so as there are 4 loan defenders signed. ' Please release them let them go ' .

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: bye bye Scotty and Fats Aspinall
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

Don't be a prick all your life, make it your new years resolution or something.

::)

letsbyavenue

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »

just expressing an opinion : no need to get all touchy-feely

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »

What has asa done wrong?

Cant fault either player for their efforts for alty, both great servants to the club and opitomised a spirit that we seem to have lost recently! Have to agree though, if we harbour any ambitions of staying in this league we have to let them go.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »

There are several players nearing their Alty expiry date. Whilst it may be neccesary to release a few players, it's never nice to see trusty servants of the club leave.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »

When the time is right then GH will make the decision, personally I think both Asa and Scotty have given alot to the club.

James Black

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »

i've said stupid things on this forum but this beats the lot get rid of scotty and azza u brainless person

why we sign another macc reject

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:38 PM »

Both are excellent squad players, never shirk responsibility and work hard. They are not the best players in the world, but with the new players being loans, we need the back up.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28:59 PM »

Does know one else think azza is the the most underated player at the club, he gets a lot of stick because he has been played out of position. In my opinion he is still one of the best crossers in the team and can float really nice long balls forward.

I hope he doesnt leave because he is a great squad player who would certainly play better if my oasis chant took off.....
   maybe your gonna be the one that saves me
   and after all...your my Aspinall

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »

Have we not been saying for a while that in addition to an improvement in the quality we also need to bolster the numbers in our (increasingly threadbare) squad?

We seem to have done the latter and hopefully the former although with the exception of Shotton we don't know whether our loan signings are actually any better (or worse) than what we already have here.

I understand that we may need to free up some additional wage money but surely we would be better releasing players who lack the versatility of Scotty in particular and Asa to a slightly lesser extent. Scotty has played in 3 or 4 positions for us (admiitedly with varying degrees of success) and Asa in 2 or 3 positions. If we have to offload someone then it ought to be someone who can only really play one role although, as I said earlier it seems daft to reduce our options having only just increased them (particularly until we know how good these loanees are and given that we dont have all of them until the last match of the season)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 06:53:38 PM »

Aspinal and Scott are what is sometimes called 'utility players'..........to release either at the moment with a threadbare squad would be a mistake.
With both pleyers comes 100% effort and devotion to the club.

Look forward to Letsby taking the advice of Ballers and making it a New Year resolution........To call Aspinal Fats is beyond belief......yet another idiot with an opinion who is confident to hide behind a pseudonym on this forum.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 06:55:38 PM »

Exactly, it doesn't do any harm to show people like Asa and Scotty a bit of respect.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »

Have we not been saying for a while that in addition to an improvement in the quality we also need to bolster the numbers in our (increasingly threadbare) squad?

and 1 or 2 of the yoofs are bolstering the squad. I have said for a long time how I would love to see our yoofs doing well and getting into the England "C" squad like Lewis Chalmers (but preferably while still at Alty!)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »

Does know one else think azza is the the most underated player at the club, he gets a lot of stick because he has been played out of position.

No, I honestly think he's terrible. I know he tries, but everytime he gets the ball I expect it to fly over the Golf Road stand.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »

When Paul Scholes puts his head down, Wayne Rooney takes one look and instinctively knows where to run.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team