PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 roll on conference north
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: roll on conference north  (Read 4929 times)

letsbyavenue

roll on conference north
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »

Why is everyone upset at the prospect of relegation. We will be able to stand at both ends and play Hyde,Stalybridge.Droylsden,Northwich and Witton Albion.No more long journeys to southern scum teams. All in all a good prospect: but we must keep GH and the current players to make sure it happens,plus the reject loan players should help.

tricky

Re: roll on conference north
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »

Who would rather we stayed where we are,losing every week,or who would like us in the conf north,hopefully winning most weeks.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »

I'll take watching us loose away in the conference please - conf North is a nightmare for exiles.

Live text updates every game, radio commentary once or twice a month and the odd TV game vs wilderness of Ceefax half times if you're lucky!  Added bonus for Southern exiles is we get to go to a few games, although timing has bee rubbish this year and only got to FGR and Salisbury (plus Millwall) so far.

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:11:24 PM »

and besides hyde are gonna go up in the playoffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »

Why is everyone upset at the prospect of relegation. We will be able to stand at both ends and play Hyde,Stalybridge.Droylsden,Northwich and Witton Albion.No more long journeys to southern scum teams. All in all a good prospect: but we must keep GH and the current players to make sure it happens,plus the reject loan players should help.

Go on, admit it.

You're Geoff Goodwin, aren't you...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »

How did you guess?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

What happens if we do so well in Conference North that we are in danger of promotion back to the league we are currently in?   Throw a few games so we can keep changing ends and enjoying trips to Hyde?  ;)

Longman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »

I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS POST!!!???  I WOULD RATHER STAY IN THE CONFERENCE NATIONAL!!

WHY???  BECAUSE IT'S A BETTER LEAGUE THAN THE CONFERENCE NORTH, THE AIM OF ANY FOOTBALL, OR FOR THAT MATTER SPORTING TEAM IS TO COMPETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY AT THE BEST POSSIBLE LEVEL!!!!

WHAT YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING IS YOU'D RATHER GET RELEGATED SO WE CAN HAVE AN EASY RIDE!  I THINK THAT'S B*LLOCKS!!!

BE PROUD AND LETS FIGHT TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE!

letsbyavenue

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 04:26:11 PM »

We would be competing to the best of our ability in conference north and at the highest possible level.

Longman

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »

We would be competing to the best of our ability in conference north and at the highest possible level.

You are missing my point, we have the chance to fight to stay in this league!!  If the supporters have the attitude of going down will be ok then that's going to transmit to the players!!  Surely we are proud and want Alty to remain in the top tier of non league football in this country???  I really am astounded that you would be happy to get relegated!

Lets get behind the boys and really push to stay in this league, starting tomorrow at the green slime, COME ON ALTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »

The highest realistic level for this club is Blue Square Premier.  If Blue Square Premier is not possible, why are we here now?

People who prefer us playing a league below should realise that there is no guarantee whatsoever that we will prosper in Conference North, as Boston and Tamworth have shown this season.  Apart from our two promotion seasons, our record in Conference North/UniBond was very mediocre.  There are sugar daddy clubs down there too.

It is healthy for a club to aspire to play in as high a division as is realistically possible.  To want us to play at a lower level so to enjoy trivial comforts such as changing ends and not travelling too far (which is negated by the woeful followings some Conference North sides clubs have, and also miles less media coverage and profile in general) is to accept stagnation and long term decline.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »

We should fight to stay where we are!

Possibly in the future going partial full time with some of the squad?

Longman

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 04:53:02 PM »

Bob - I completely concur! 

To actually want to get relegated is conmpletely beyond me it really is, in fact it annoys me to be honest!  If you feel that way maybe you should start following Hyde or someone local who are already in the Conference North!

Meanwhile i'll be getting fully behind the team and hoping we can turn it round and stay up!! 

letsbyavenue

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »

hyde is too far to travel for home games: alty is just down the road and has the woman who runs the burger bar { see previous thread}

James Black

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 04:58:10 PM »

we get more television and radio money in the bsp than bsn and the grounds facilites for supporters is alot better at this level hucknalls ground is in the middle of a field
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 roll on conference north