+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ??????

Author Topic: ??????  (Read 2286 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
??????
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »

What I really don't understand is we were playing so well with Senior and Elam in the team and then Elam gets dropped for no reason whatsoever. If you look at the results since Elam has been put on the bench it's poor, I know he started at Crawley away. We are obviously very short in centre mid. I think we should maybe give Densmore a run there unless we get some loan players in. Yeah him and Anthony would be small but at Densmore has a football brain. Also dropping senior, for me he's still our main dangerman. Our main concern is injuries but I also think we have gone negative again, but to be honest it has not surprised me, things were too good for a while. We must attack Northwich, they are sh*te. We have been very very poor in the FA Cup and FA Trophy and I think if we had started with a more positive teams I believe we may still be in both cups. Having Senior and Elam on the bench against a lower league team is poor tactics. We are sh*t at sitting back and trying to soak up pressure, however we are good going forward. Main thing is two new centre mids in January or before if possible.

fuertes

Re: ??????
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm pretty sure we can't afford two new midfielders...

I sort of agree with you re the alteration in tactics. It seems the 5-4-1 defending/3-4-3 attacking was working, then we changed it against Weymouth away and got turned over, now we're playing a whole host of different systems. I suppose injuries and suspensions don't help though.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »

Ol, I have read this three times, but can not find anything about Peyton! Is this one of those magic eye type things?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »

The only thing I would say is that we couldn't possibly know that Elam was dropped for no reason. It could have happened for any number of reasons that we. as fans, would have no idea about.

However, if Elam was dropped for no reason it would be highly bizarre given his performances in September/October.
Come on Alty!

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

The reaction of fans at the Lewes match seems now to be a distant memory to both players &
management alike.Our pre Weymouth form seems to have gone out of the window & yes
the negative tactics seem to be back on the agenda.If this isn't put right ,then I can see us
hitting that slippery slope again.Since GH sung the praises of his players following the
Cambridge game,things seem to have gone from bad to worse,ie.the conceding of fourteen
goals in four matches.I am sure, or would hope that GH has his priority set on trying to bring
in a quality midfield player because at the moment the team is crying out for one.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 04:13:55 PM »

Can we all do our best to avoid calling for the manager's head please? I'm getting the vibe that a couple more defeats and everyone is going to be on his back again. We don't need a repeat of the Lewes debacle. Recent problems aside, this is our best first half of a season in yonks.

seasonticket

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

I have said this before. Most of us will be happy if we are not in a relegation position come end of season, ie fifth bottom or better. If that is achieved between now and then we will lose a good few games. We just don't need them to be 4-0 drubbings its bad for my heart condition.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ??????