* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hope

Author Topic: Hope  (Read 1070 times)

seasonticket

Hope
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:49:20 AM »

I just hope that the last four games are not the start of one of those long runs without any wins. I remember the first season we were relegated being half way up the league at Christmas, losing a few and saying no we wont be relegated we have too many points already and will pick up enough by end of season.
I got that badly wrong and just hope we can get back to picking up points in the league now.
As a different view to some on here about Lee Elam, he looks to me like a very talented player but not one for our present set up. My dad used to say about such players "Yes they are good but don't play for the team, they play for themselves". This type of player is great in a good side of individuals but we need real team players.
I am not trying to knock Elam, I know many think he is the dog's whatsits. Its just another point of view and maybe that is why he does not often start games.
So come on lads chins up get enough points on the board to keep us out of the AGM cup and we will all be happy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hope