News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 we were crap

Author Topic: we were crap  (Read 3178 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
we were crap
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »

has anyone noticed that this seems to happen in all our cup matches when we play against lower opposition we seem to think we only have to turn up and we will get through to next round there was no fight or passion today we soreley missed densmore and lawton lets hope this defeat gives us a kick up the arse and we get back on course against burton on sat im upset about today but i will be there on sat with the belief that we can go on to better things so come on you reds

tomalty

Re: we were crap
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:56:22 AM »

i wasnt able to come and watch against southport

but were we really bad?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:42:07 AM »

we were awful think it was the worst game ive seen this season

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »

It was certainly the worst I have seen them play this season. the most worrying thing is that they played with  no passion or heart in the team today.. I make a 120 mile round trip each home game to watch Alty and having watched that pathetic performance today I wonder if its worth it..

One thing is for certain the loss of Robbie Lawton in midfield is one of the main reasons we are shipping so many goals and why oh why do they keep banging high balls up to Little and Senior? arguably the two smallest players in the league !!!!

Lets hope they get there act together soon or we will be sliding back to the foot of the table

Altyant

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »

I think it was almost as bas Kiddy away which was horrible. The sheer lack of fight and the way the heads went down after we had conceeded was not good to watch.

I dont know if McGregor is the right choice as captain while Robbie was out. Youngy seemed to be the only player bothered yesterday. There was a point yesterday when someone played a bad pass and Greg turned towards the Golf Road and shouted in frustration. 

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »

the difference at kiddy was we had lane sent off

gunners11

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 11:17:17 PM »

fa cup, fa trophy,
 lets forget about the cups and climb the table. because lets face it alty were crap letting in four goals against a lower side it is embrassing i am ashamed. alty use to fight tooth and bone  there just give up .graham we need players and fast good siginings and we will be there we are not staying in this bsp league we are moving to the furture. or does altrincham want that. i think alty are scare of a NEW CHALLENGE i am serious. i wish alty could be in division 2 like aldershot, dag and red, exeter , and many more who have progress through alty to scared  iam sorry if any altrincham fans feel that way but it is true.  we should lift the crowd and get more people in the ground so alty can go further and further the one day BANG we have done it division 2 wow what a feeling .come on boys you can do it. it is time to move  up the league.

BE PROUD LIFT THE ALTY CROWD 

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 11:52:06 PM »

Yes Lane was sent off however we had been pretty awful before his sending off

HallamAlty

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 10:06:04 AM »

fa cup, fa trophy,
 lets forget about the cups and climb the table. because lets face it alty were crap letting in four goals against a lower side it is embrassing i am ashamed. alty use to fight tooth and bone  there just give up .graham we need players and fast good siginings and we will be there we are not staying in this bsp league we are moving to the furture. or does altrincham want that. i think alty are scare of a NEW CHALLENGE i am serious. i wish alty could be in division 2 like aldershot, dag and red, exeter , and many more who have progress through alty to scared  iam sorry if any altrincham fans feel that way but it is true.  we should lift the crowd and get more people in the ground so alty can go further and further the one day BANG we have done it division 2 wow what a feeling .come on boys you can do it. it is time to move  up the league.

BE PROUD LIFT THE ALTY CROWD 

While it would be amazing to see Alty up there with the big boys in League football its not gonna happen overnight. 

1) getting more fans in - we have seen a small but steady increase in crowds the last few seasons in the BSP, and this season we have attracted good crowds and have produced some good performances to help this.  We can't create new fans out of midair at the flick of a switch.  It's a slow process but we are making some progress which is good.  We are never realistically gonna attract the numbers that people like Exeter do because we have such a large number of local rivals - huge clubs like City/Utd and others like Stockport

2) new players - as has been said on another thread - we can't grow money on trees.  So we can't afford to go around buying players like Vics and others do.  It would not bring overnight success and promotion - it would destroy the club.  There are numerous examples in BSP and other leagues of teams doing this. Evidence suggests that if we did this we would no longer have a club to support in a couple of years time.

3) Alty being "scared" - Alty are not scared - they are REALISTIC.  The people in charge of this club and the majority of the fans care deeply about the future success of this club.  I'm sure virtually every single one of them dreams of seeing Alty at Wembley lifting the FA Cup, or seeing them playing at Anfield/Old Trafford/Emirates/Stamford Bridge and the like week in week out.  However we value the long-term future of the club more than a few quick successes and so try to keep finances under control and do the best we can in our situation. 

Over the last few seasons I think progress has been made - look how much better we are doing this season.  With the debts paid off and the club on a more secure footing we can slowly rebuild and hopefully eventually get the success such hard work deserves.  It will take time though. 

Unless you have a magic fan creator and a magic money tree of course.  In which case I apologise

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »

Spot on Hallam, agree with everything you say mate.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 we were crap