PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future??
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The future??  (Read 5027 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The future??
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 09:39:37 PM »

We are desperately short in midfield, but thanks to Luton/weather we don't have much money available to strengthen.

However, before paranoia sets in, let's not forget that the shortage of any available funds to improve the squad can also be attributed to matters that were in our own hands:

(i) the loss to Wrexham at home in the Setanta Shield caused us to miss out on £3,500 prize money plus potential extras in the next round(s) of the competition;

(ii) the infuriating failure to defeat Luton Town at Moss Lane cost us £20,000 prize money plus the receipts and potential prize money from the next round against Southend United;

(iii) that abject surrender against Southport last Saturday in the FA Trophy meant that the opportunity to claim £5,000 prize money was squandered.....plus any potential additional income from subsequent rounds in the competition.

We have rather conspired to be our own worst enemy at times this season. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »

There is no doubt that Robbie Lawton is missed for his defensive midfield contribution. I cant agree though with the statement that the strikers are good enough. there is nobody to hold the ball up and lay it off, they insist in lumping high balls forward which the opposition defences just love. (I am 55 and could probably still outjump Little and Senior)..
Elam should be given a start and if CL and CS ran into the spaces a bit more amnd took the odd gamble instead of standing there moaning then we may get some improvement up front..  The problem will not be solved in the transfer market due to the simple fact that we aint got any cash....

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »

It has appeared to me both against R&D and also Southport that as soon as a decision has gone against us we've decided that the world, the gods and the public vote on strictly come dancing are against us and that we're not gonna succeed, we've got a bloody good excuse so we give up.

I can't see that some players of recent vintage would have allowed this mindset to take place, I speak of Eddie Hussin, Mad Dog, Talbs etc.

Also I'm very worried by how much we seem to fall apart without Shaun Densmore. When someone comes and signs him up (When not if) what are we to do then?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future??