PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future??
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The future??  (Read 5026 times)

Hodgey

The future??
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »

14 goals conceeded in four games ?  I was at the match today and I have to question why Erlam and Senior were left on  the bench???? Did GH think we  would be better being cautious at home or what??? I thought the Luton game was poor but this game actually beat the tediousness set at the Luton match. It was the longest 90 minutes at a game of football ever !!

The team have shown they have the capability and can beat teams but the players who provided the sucess have been dropped by our clueless manager or either given a bit part.

I dont want to sound all doom or gloom and I hope I am given a great new year suprise and I see them win against Vics twice and York. But I think its highly unlikely. I dont think the anti Heathcote crowd ever left and will soon reappear.

So get a grip and apply some common sence Mr GH and maybe your team wont resemble a group of footballers trying to herd cats

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The future??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

imo we need  new mifielders and poss a forward to frehen things up as we have done since coming up to this league around this time of season

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:45 PM »

I think it's out of Graham's hands to a large extent. The loss of Densmore and Lawton, coupled with an apparent lack of desire througout the team are all things that he can't control. We all know how highly GH values the Trophy and I'm sure he let the players know how he felt after the game.

I just hope that it gives them the required kick up the arse and we also have the boost of knowing Densmore will be back for the Burton game - we're certainly going to need him!

Come on Alty!

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »

my fears have come true in the last 4 games that our defence works when Densmore and youngy play together but when ones missing then it's like sh*t what we going to do they don't seem to have that plan B at the minute.as for the rest of the season we are just having a blip which after the way the lads and Graham have turned it round is fantastic. We were never going to be in the play offs and were not expected to so to get in them. so to have a gap of 9pts from the drop and 14pts on vics. it would fantastic if we go into cambridge last game of the season with just us having to turn up and enjoy the summer then fantastic. Lets get Burton out the way and lets go again
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:57:59 PM by Jimbo Alty FC »

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:37:06 AM »

You can only play with what you've got available. TBH, I thought that with the squad of 15 yesterday, we would still have enough to beat Southport...

I'm not Heathcotes biggest supporter, but on this occassion the players need to take a long hard look at themselves.. as the blame sits firmly with them.

No real leader on the pitch yesterday, midfield was bypassed time and again.

Sadly our "tight" defence seems to have developed some huge holes and given that there is little in reserve (i.e. on the bench) I'm not sure how it's going to be repaired....

Maybe the players need a 3rd training session each week to work on defence? It worked before....

On today's form, I can't see us getting anything over the xmas period....

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »

with an apparent lack of desire througout the team are all things that he can't control

I'm amazed a manager is not supposed to be able to control the desire within his players.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »

I think it was plain to see to all yesterday that the fault in that performance lay with the players, so much so that it was they who recieved the heckling, not GH.

Which to me shows taht those who were there understood the problems.

I'm still very down and angry about yday btw.

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »

with an apparent lack of desire througout the team are all things that he can't control

I'm amazed a manager is not supposed to be able to control the desire within his players.

Off the pitch he can certainly try and instill a greater desire in them, however once they go out onto the pitch do they take a lot of notice of his instructions?

gunners11

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 11:24:40 PM »

the future of altrincham well  we need some new players  buy another goalkeeper midfield and at least three forwards tighten the defence up and we will be alright  still upset about the score 4 f**king 1  to who southport bsn alty bsp should beat them but that how it goes.

BE  PROUD LIFT THE ALTY CROWD  COME AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB ALTY.FC

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 11:52:56 PM »

the future of altrincham well  we need some new players  buy another goalkeeper midfield and at least three forwards tighten the defence up

So are we going to find a magic money tree to fund these signings?
They really should be beating teams like us

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

Another keeper?

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »

We don't need a keeper, we have two good ones.

We don't need more forwards, we have Johnson, Little, Senior, O'Neill and Elam vying for two or three places (that's without taking Denham into account).

We are desperately short in midfield, but thanks to Luton/weather we don't have much money available to strengthen. Densmore back soon, I think if Warren and Anthony get a run in central midfield and build up some understanding, they could do okay. Robbie's a loss but if they grit their teeth and get on with it they should still be able to pick up points.

I didn't see the Southport game so don't know quite how poor we were, but I'm confident we'll get points over Christmas/New Year as long as we back the team.

HallamAlty

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »

Agree wholeheartedly with you there Fuertes

brian1925

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:38 AM »

I was there on Saturday. Quite simply, we need a central midfield player. A good BSN team cut through our heart like a knife through butter. I don't know about money, but if we don't get a ball winner in midfield soon, then we've had it.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 07:02:12 PM »

The consistent midfield duo of Danylyk & Lawton have been hit recently by Lawton's injury.When they have been paired up no teams have really caused us too many problems in midfield.

The loss of Danylyk at HT meant that additional pressure was then focused upon a makeshift midfield that have had no real time to play consistently together. Unfortunately that is the nature of unexpected injuries creating adverse impact.

When both Lawton and Danylyk are fit, I suggest we already have ball winning capability.

No doubt we'll raise our game against Burton and hopefully break this small blip in form.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future??