News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton situation!

Author Topic: Lawton situation!  (Read 1722 times)

crossie

Lawton situation!
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »

I don't know whether it has been commented on in another post put this is taken from the website as im sure you are all aware of;

"Altrincham FC physio Sean Riley (right) has kindly informed the website about Robbie Lawton's injury. Sean writes, "Following Robbie's withdrawal at half time during the Rushden game due to the awkward fall he took, he has been in immense discomfort for the past two weeks with pain in his neck which was radiating down his left arm and also reducing the strength of his left hand grip. These are quite serious symptoms and it was due to these findings that I took the decision not to start treatment but to obtain an x-ray of his cervical spine to get a clear diagnosis of what was causing him so much pain.
Unfortunately, Robbie (left) visited two hospitals local to him and both decided that an x-ray was not needed. Still not happy with this, I spoke to our club surgeon who agreed that an x-ray was needed. Between us we arranged an x-ray for this afternoon, followed by a meeting with the surgeon to discuss the results. The x-ray showed that Robbie had sustained an avulsion fracture of the 4th cervical spinous process. (This is where the ligaments that run in between the spine are severely over stretched and it pulls a piece of bone off the spinous process - the bony bits that stick out on the spine). Fortunately, the damage itself won't prevent Robbie from playing but the degree of discomfort he is in will. This type of injury could take up to 6-8 weeks to settle down but the treatment can now safely be started. Both Robbie, the gaffer and myself hope that this time scale can be dramatically reduced".

Im gutted to be honest, it sounds quite a serious injury, and one in which he must fully recover from before he can play in comfort again! Lawton has been a rock in our mid-field and without him we do suffer! We have a period of 4 games between now and the new year, and then vics new years day! I believe we have missed Lawton in the past two games and could seriously do with getting someone in! I hope the treatment he is recieving progresses well and he will be back within the first couple of games into the new year!

joe

Lawton situation!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

Sounds quite nasty! We can't get anyone in until Jan cos the deadline for loan signings has passed.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lawton situation!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:11:30 AM »

very short in central midfield at the moment

JT

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »

I know our wage bill is tight and that we can't sign anyone until january, but surely Liam King is worth a look at again?  I can't believe he's playing for Matlock Town! I thought he had great potential and I for one would certainly like to see him back at ML if possible.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

I thought clubs were allowed to apply for "emergancy" loan signings outside the loan period??
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton situation!