Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Possible solution to the snack bar problem - can you help?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possible solution to the snack bar problem - can you help?  (Read 4931 times)

Ideas 4 Alty

« on: December 11, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

I have received a suggestion via the Ideas website to operate a trolley service around the ground which would alleviate the congestion at the new snack bar, thus ensuring that everyone who wishes to purchase refreshments can do so in a timely fashion. Consequently, everybody gets their pies and drinks and the club also maximises income received for these items.

It's a good idea!

Inevitably, this means that volunteers would be required to man the trolley and serve the food/drinks. In principle, if this idea were to go ahead would anybody be willing to fill such a vacancy?

Please post below or, if you prefer, email me: ideas4alty@hotmail.co.uk

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Possible solution to the snack bar problem - can you help?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »

BUMP

gunners11

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:07:40 PM »

next to the family stand there is some spare land. you could build a cafe and sale tea ,coffee, crisps, and burgers chips etc. it would be a good idea. knock the toilets down and put the cafe there. it would be ideal .

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »

next to the family stand there is some spare land. you could build a cafe and sale tea ,coffee, crisps, and burgers chips etc. it would be a good idea. knock the toilets down and put the cafe there. it would be ideal .

That is not really a sensible suggestion or answer to the question is it.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »

I have received a suggestion via the Ideas website to operate a trolley service around the ground which would alleviate the congestion at the new snack bar, thus ensuring that everyone who wishes to purchase refreshments can do so in a timely fashion. Consequently, everybody gets their pies and drinks and the club also maximises income received for these items.

It's a good idea!

Inevitably, this means that volunteers would be required to man the trolley and serve the food/drinks. In principle, if this idea were to go ahead would anybody be willing to fill such a vacancy?

I know I'm gonna get murdered here for being negative etc. but this really isn't a runner at all.

The Health & Safety implications of transferring hot food and drink around the ground don't bear consideration and as for the food handling and hygiene angle.

A very laudable suggestion and I'm sorry that it would appear so impractical

wonderstuff

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

How about getting the burger van back and putting it in the space between the Golf road, and Popular stand?

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »

It's a good idea!

I know I'm gonna get murdered here for being negative etc. but this really isn't a runner at all.

The Health & Safety implications of transferring hot food and drink around the ground don't bear consideration and as for the food handling and hygiene angle.

A very laudable suggestion and I'm sorry that it would appear so impractical

In fairness to you Phil I raised the same questions regarding health and safety but after discussing it with the club I understand that a similar idea is already in operation at other clubs, including Sale Sharks' home matches at Edgeley Park. However, if this still proved to be a stumbling block for doing the same thing at Moss Lane it might still be worthwhile to sell other things such as bottled drinks, crisps (basically anything that isn't hot), which would still take a bit of pressure off the main snack bar.

With regard to the suggestion about having a burger van between the golf road and popular side terraces, I don't see this working. If a third party was brought in on a franchise basis it would end up taking trade away from the club's own snack bar, and if we managed to acquire our own burger van it would need another 2/3 people to run it anyway.

Maybe the snack trolley idea won't get off the ground, but I see it as a cheap and effective solution if done correctly.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »

Don’t agree, it wouldn’t take money from the snack bar, atleast give it a try for a few games, wont cost anything. As it is loads of people dont even consider going to the new place to queue up for 20 mins it simply doesnt cater for the needs of 800 odd people.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »

I take my son to Fulham occasionally, they have people walking around selling hot and cold food and drinks from trolleys and backpacks using what appear to be typical domestic cold boxes.....they work both ways like flasks.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »

First class tool! Too much idiocy to make a concerted response to. Excellent that the club is looking at maximising this obvious opportunity though. In one form or other, this opportunity will a) work and b) make money...as well as making the fans experience much better.

gunners11

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 06:45:43 PM »

yeah like outdoor cinema trolley etc

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »

Ok Gunner I suppose you are young. A newly built facility would cost in the region of £10-15,000. Not quite the solution.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »

I take my son to Fulham occasionally, they have people walking around selling hot and cold food and drinks from trolleys and backpacks using what appear to be typical domestic cold boxes.....they work both ways like flasks.

Their a Premiership team and were a Part time BSP team bit of a difference between the standard of players and standard of catering service we are able to put on.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »

Their a Premiership team and were a Part time BSP team bit of a difference between the standard of players and standard of catering service we are able to put on.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, James. SW was pointing out that it could be as simple as selling hot/cold food out of a cool box. Hardly a prohibitively expensive idea!

Furthermore, your comment about the respective standard of players is beyond irrelevant.
Come on Alty!

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »

well what ever happened to them men with them two catering vehicles which went in between the pop side and golf rd they seem to do the Millwall game never seen them again.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team