PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get behind the Lads!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Get behind the Lads!  (Read 4288 times)

penfold

Get behind the Lads!
« on: December 29, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

As im sure you are all aware, our current squad is low in numbers due to injury! We have not got the money to get players in, and i can see our mid-field being an area which they will target! With the loss of Lawton, Danylyk and Street, the 11 players on the pitch are going to find it increasingly difficult to cover! What i suggest is we get behind the players and have another red/white day!

Thoughts?

In my opinion we need to increase the atmosphere inside Moss Lane, recently its been like Old Trafford i.e. dead! Not only because the Setanta cameras are present, but the players need to know we are with them through thick and thin, and I for one could not take getting beat by Vics in our own ground in front of the non-league nation and viewers of Setanta Sports News who will see match highlights!
I suggest we need to bring anything red and white e.g. flags, balloons, chefs hats :P Anything which will create 90 mins of noice from the home fans!

Another idea would be; now  iv seen this from some italian teams and prem teams and its to bounce up and down whist chanting! I thing its a great idea and really creates an atmosphere inside the ground!

markecky

Re: Get behind the Lads!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »

The simple fact is that Me, Gary Warrington when he can come, Hughsey, Rosie when he can come are the only people who start songs on a regular basis.

Others just stand around saying the atmosphere is dead.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »

The simple fact is that Me, Gary Warrington when he can come, Hughsey, Rosie when he can come are the only people who start songs on a regular basis.

I have begun the warming up of the vocal chords already ahead of Thursdays game.  ;D
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

Would tend to agree with that. Although I will always join in for a sing song when one starts.

Started a few myself but infrequent as I am just not loud enough. I get "Uncle Trucker" to do my dirty work, he has the loudest gob on the terraces by far  ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:00:06 PM »

Would tend to agree with that. Although I will always join in for a sing song when one starts.

Started a few myself but infrequent as I am just not loud enough. I get "Uncle Trucker" to do my dirty work, he has the loudest gob on the terraces by far  ;D

Daz Rimmer is the loudest man on earth.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »

Daz Rimmer is the loudest man on earth.

and he's only warming up
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »

Ecky don't normally disagree with you but this time i have to I like many others have tried to start chants and no one joins in. Plus with been young and only been a main figure in the golf road for a few years by that i mean singing and every thing else helping the club in every way i can. However i do think it's better if we just have you 4 starting them because like the Stretford end or Holt end or any clubs main end theres just normally a small group that starts the most effective chants.

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:49 PM »

Ecky don't normally disagree with you but this time i have to I like many others have tried to start chants and no one joins in. Plus with been young and only been a main figure in the golf road for a few years by that i mean singing and every thing else helping the club in every way i can. However i do think it's better if we just have you 4 starting them because like the Stretford end or Holt end or any clubs main end theres just normally a small group that starts the most effective chants.

good point james, i'll try and start my dale johnson chant off on new years day

markecky

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »

I take your point mate.

It can often get frustrating though when I leave the ground sweating with no voice to get home are read that "the atmosphere was sh*te"

I just mean that its not an exclusive club to start the singing..we'd love a bit of a hand.

And Dan...no song with the c word in is ever going to get sung en masse mate..thnakfully.

JT

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 11:48:22 PM »

and what about my greg young song?!  :P
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=7187.0

would anyone join in if i started it?!

penfold

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 12:12:42 AM »

I would, Young needs a decent song!
I have alway joined in when a song gets going, but some people have tried and know one else catches on! Thats the issue I had originally! Although some people have tried to start songs and by the lyrics you can understand why they died a death!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 12:38:54 AM »

I take your point mate.

It can often get frustrating though when I leave the ground sweating with no voice to get home are read that "the atmosphere was sh*te"

Are you Amy Winehouse in disguise....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 08:04:33 AM »

Ecky

May I start by saying that I think you, Gary and Hughesy and the others do a great job with the singing. I am also sure when you get home you have to gargle TCP until midnight at least. I know the lads on the pitch appreciate it, especially when they play away.

I know where James is coming from, as when I was younger in my earlier years during the 70s teams, I tried to start chants off at the Golf Road end. They were met with a stony silence, presumably I felt because I was not one of the normal song starters. This happened on a couple of occasions, getting me laughed at by my mates, but leaving me self conscious about singing at football matches. I rarely join in now for longer than a few lines. I am unable to do so as a club steward anyway.

The thing is when you are a steward, you can listen as well as watch the crowd; and the craic at Altrincham is fabulous. The banter in particular is very very funny between the home fans and away fans and very intelligently thought up. I always felt that the Altrincham fans have a good knack of being able 'to get under away fans skin' This is even without Hughsie, who is/was particularly funny. This has been hampered somewhat by the Setanta camera stand near the sterile area. As I normally work between both sets of fans I am between it all the time.

All I can say is, if you all hear a song starting by anybody other than our main group, join in and keep the momentum going, rather than letting it die a death.

2 Questions:-

Where is Hughsie?
What is the meaning behind, 'Have you had your chicken dinner John McGrath' or is this one so obvious I should not be asking.

Cheers and be up for it all of you on NYD

Steve from Sale 

joe

Get behind the lads
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »

Hughsey is currently grounded after being caught hedge hopping with the croft lads.

Lew Needham

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »

I agree with all points made on here!!

Atmosphere hasn't been great for a while, which is a little strange as we are having a relatively successful season. I do except the point that only a handful of people start the songs and it must be frustrating for them.

However, especially for the Northwich game we need to have a good atmosphere to try and draw back some of the “first game” and “big game” fans back on a regular basis. So if people are confident enough to attempt to start a song then go for it and we should all make the effort to join in.

Final point many games recently (except for the second half of the York game)  have not had much excitement which also has an adverse effect on the atmosphere, hopefully Thursday will be different!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get behind the Lads!