News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City 1 Altrincham 2 - Match Highlights

Author Topic: York City 1 Altrincham 2 - Match Highlights  (Read 4164 times)

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

VofD

Re: York City 1 Altrincham 2 - Match Highlights
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »

Thanks for that, Phil.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »

The Power of Advertising: a hording with "VoD" to the right of goal.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:16:25 PM »

Excellent stuff.....but do we have to wait until Phil releases his 'Director's Cut Special Edition' on DVD in order to see the foul that led to Danylyk being carried off on a stretcher?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

Excellent stuff.....but do we have to wait until Phil releases his 'Director's Cut Special Edition' on DVD in order to see the foul that led to Danylyk being carried off on a stretcher?

I was thinking the same, I guess they are trying to reduce the video evidence chances of prosecution?

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »

To be fair I did put that into the original highlights but, as YouTube has to be less than 10 minutes or less than 100mg I dropped it in order to manage the length.

If I have time I will upload it tomorrow on my own personal YouTube account.

Also, Alty FC have the official DVD of the match which was shot by our club cameraman (Darren) and I am happy to give the club a copy of my version of the game if they want it. I'm sure your Trust could copy it and flog a few in your ebay shop to those who couldn't make it across to the game.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »

I have to say the free kick which lead to their goal looks like a clear pen to me.
I guess justice was done in that they scored directly from the free kick but you can understand why their players were upset.

Great goal from Dale to win it. Strong to win the challenge and then a cool finish. Could have been Col. (There is no greater praise).

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

I have to say the free kick which lead to their goal looks like a clear pen to me.
I guess justice was done in that they scored directly from the free kick but you can understand why their players were upset.

Great goal from Dale to win it. Strong to win the challenge and then a cool finish. Could have been Col. (There is no greater praise).

My first thoughts were the same it was a definate penalty. On looking at it a few times it could be argued to be outside the area. Either way we were lucky not to conceed a penalty but as you say they scored anyway so it didnt affect the game. Ours was definately not a penalty for me, the back heal was class but I think in the end he just fell over with no real contact.

Butty

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 07:14:33 PM »

First thoughts about the Alty penalty was that we were hard done by, but after watching it a few times, there isn't much contact so good refereeing

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »

My first thoughts were the same it was a definate penalty. On looking at it a few times it could be argued to be outside the area. Either way we were lucky not to conceed a penalty but as you say they scored anyway so it didnt affect the game. Ours was definately not a penalty for me, the back heal was class but I think in the end he just fell over with no real contact.

It was definitely inside the area. If you look, the York player rolls out of the area as the ref blows. That probably cost them the penalty, although, in the end, not the goal.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 12:06:07 AM »

Two good finishes and you can see me celebrating as well.  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »

To be fair I did put that into the original highlights but, as YouTube has to be less than 10 minutes or less than 100mg I dropped it in order to manage the length.

If I have time I will upload it tomorrow on my own personal YouTube account.

Also, Alty FC have the official DVD of the match which was shot by our club cameraman (Darren) and I am happy to give the club a copy of my version of the game if they want it. I'm sure your Trust could copy it and flog a few in your ebay shop to those who couldn't make it across to the game.

The lens was wet at the time or something.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »

Very magnanimous of you phil thank you for posting.

My highlight was the liner who seems very offended that we score and have the audacity to want to celebrate, his pompous run down the goal line and you can almost hear him saying "come on come on none of that now get back to your half...disgraceful"....what a f*****g xmas killjoy I bet he's the life and soul of the Xmas party.

Yes the first one was clearly a penalty so justice was done I guess but how nice to see on video the evidence of a a ref getting it so wrong yet waving away the appeals "No no I'm right you are wrong".
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City 1 Altrincham 2 - Match Highlights