News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden KICKED OUT of FA cup

Author Topic: Droylsden KICKED OUT of FA cup  (Read 3455 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »

For being run by a T**t fielding a wrongun'

penfold

Re: Droylsden KICKED OUT of FA cup
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39:13 PM »

People like Dave Pace should be banned from football all together! I bet Chesterfield are pleased they were robbed originally when the floodlights mysteriously failed!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:10:39 PM »

Excerpt from the BBC website last week:

"Pace then added that he would "go to the nearest bridge" and throw himself off if Droylsden were thrown out of the Cup."

So, has he nominated which bridge he is jumping from yet and are tickets available to watch the event?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 01:26:55 PM »

The Droylsden section of Nonleaguezone.com makes for interesting reading - http://www.nonleaguezone.com/viewforum.php?f=33.

They are getting a real hammering from Chesterfield fans, which definitely is making a day in the office much brighter!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »

Pacey

"It is ludicrous as we have beaten Chesterfield fair and square on the field.

"It is not as if we have brought a ringer in at the last minute. Sean Newton is one of our players.

That's not really the f*****  point is it Dave, we'd quite liked to have played Sean Densmore against Crawley and Southport.

Idiot.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »

as predicted out they go.

Some sympathy yes as I like to see just about all non-league clunbs progress in the cup.

But Pace...erm no thanks.  Find the bridge and jump off it pal.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

Excerpt from the BBC website last week:

"Pace then added that he would "go to the nearest bridge" and throw himself off if Droylsden were thrown out of the Cup."

So, has he nominated which bridge he is jumping from yet and are tickets available to watch the event?

As he has not jumped yet, perhaps he is PACEing himself in preparation ;) ;) ;)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »

I'd like to say what a great shame it is for Droylsden and that they are very unfortunate and that I hope they get a better decision from any appeal.

I'd like to, but I just can't bring myself to do it!!!!!!

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »

I really feel for the fans and wonder what would be the FA decision if it was a chesterfield inelligble player and they had won.

While it was a pretty basic error I think in these cases the ref who is surely the upholder of the laws should be genned up on who is elligible and not....it's like the ref allowing them to play using their hands all game and then reporting it later when he should have given a free kick.......I still wonder how the FA gave the go ahead to us playing Mr Robinson and then penalising us when they didn't spot the possible error.....clubs play football, the FA upholds the law but they should be more pro active.

There is also inconsistency in this decision......we had to play stalybridge again didn't we a few years ago?

Nice to see the FA doing all they can for grass roots football.

A replay would have generated more interest and amusement for the competition and it's sponsors and not left a slightly nasty taste in the mouth....then whoever wins fair and square can progress.....clearly Droylsden did not win fair and square but then again did Chesterfield?

I do find Pacey's anger a bit amusing and hypocriticial.....can you imagine if this was the other way around....of course he'd be saying chesterfield are cheating ba$tards who should be kicked out for playing a ringer and droylsden therefore thoroughly deserve the bye.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »

I really feel for the fans and wonder what would be the FA decision if it was a chesterfield inelligble player and they had won.

While it was a pretty basic error I think in these cases the ref who is surely the upholder of the laws should be genned up on who is elligible and not....it's like the ref allowing them to play using their hands all game and then reporting it later when he should have given a free kick.......I still wonder how the FA gave the go ahead to us playing Mr Robinson and then penalising us when they didn't spot the possible error.....clubs play football, the FA upholds the law but they should be more pro active.

There is also inconsistency in this decision......we had to play stalybridge again didn't we a few years ago?

Nice to see the FA doing all they can for grass roots football.

A replay would have generated more interest and amusement for the competition and it's sponsors and not left a slightly nasty taste in the mouth....then whoever wins fair and square can progress.....clearly Droylsden did not win fair and square but then again did Chesterfield?

I do find Pacey's anger a bit amusing and hypocriticial.....can you imagine if this was the other way around....of course he'd be saying chesterfield are cheating ba$tards who should be kicked out for playing a ringer and droylsden therefore thoroughly deserve the bye.
It is not upto the ref to decide who is eligible to play. But again it shows the FA up as a mickey mouse organisation. I can't believe that this confusion has happened again. Have the FA got their national database of players up and running yet?
They really should be beating teams like us

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »

There really isnt a defence, because the player was scheduled to miss the first game as of 23rd December as punishment for receiving 5 cautions. The Chesterfield match was on the 23rd December and it is therefore obvious that he should have been suspended for that game. Surely managers/secretarys have some sort of recording system for these things, even a basic calendar would have assisted them in this case. Droylsden had to be thrown out as it is is a similar case which befell Bury 2 years ago. If memory serves the Stalybridge affair concerned another club and international clearance which as we know can be a mindfield. It is not the FAs fault for Droylsden's incompetence. Lets club together and buy them a calender for 2009!

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:11 PM »

BBC website confirms they have been kicked out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7799125.stm

seasonticket

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »

Whilst I am no fan of Dave Pace and his Droylscum club, there does seem to be differing attitudes by the FA regards lower league clubs and Premiership clubs. If I am not mistaken Tottenham were excluded from the FA cup the year they knocked us out at White Hart Lane, but were conviniently reinstated just before the game against us in the third round.
But then this is the FA and the only thing they are consistent in is their inconsistency.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team