PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There is no way we will go down...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: There is no way we will go down...  (Read 7962 times)

markecky

« on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »

Strong rumour at the match that Halifax have no chance of staying up.....

Don't start planning for BSN just yet....

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: There is no way we will go down...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

Problem is ecky, yet again it will be bloody june before we know and we will be delayed in our prep for an even more difficult season than this year in the bsp.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »

First hurdle is May 7th...if Halifax's CVA is not agreed they will have to liquidate and reform. 

We could know sooner this year.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »

Dont get me wrong Mark i will be overjoyed if we stay up; but is any one else not getting bored of staying up through default.

I want us to compete on the field as well next season and show other teams what we are really capable of.
ParkINson's red and white army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »

I would take it don't like it though,but at least GH would have some money for players at last.
Harold

samba

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »

Dont get me wrong Mark i will be overjoyed if we stay up; but is any one else not getting bored of staying up through default.
Yes, I don't think ANYONE wants us to stay up via default, but instead on the pitch. But I for one have no qualms on staying up by default.  What we DO need to do is prepare to compete this year.

I've been very reserved about criticism leading up to yesterdays match, as the time for debate is now.  I have to echo everyone else and say it's time to GH to go, and for a fresh start, with someone who instead of looking back looks forwards to what we could achieve, and sees us becoming a mid table side as opposed to battling till the last day.  Yesterday I was absolutely disgusted when their second went in to see GH laughing and having a joke on the sidelines.  If that were me I'd've been going mad with rage, as I'm sure most people on this forum would.  GH is no longer the man for this job.  The arguement of "what would someone else do better?" is flawed.  All managers are different, and I believe we need that change to invigorate the club and the players.

I also think we need a complete squad rebuild.  It's clear the old faithful just can't cut it anymore, this leagues at another level.  Don't get me wrong, we need to hang on to the Seniors, Littles and Coburns of the squad, but players like Scott and Tinno just cannot compete.  Again, a new manager with fresh thinking and ideas, and no emotional ties to players, would see this.

Finally, I think we need to start the transition to full-time.  Now, don't all jump on my back; I don't want us to spend beyond our means and I know the clubs finance cannot support us going full time.  However, the latter half of the season, we've had a LOT of full time loan players in, which has made the difference; Is it not feasible to put some players on full time contracts?  For me this is the natural next step, and they only true way of us competing in a full time league without spending what we don't have.

And also, well done everyone on the forum. Considering what's just happened, everyone is being very calm and rational in discussion, which we all know doesn't happen very often ;)

Come on Alty!

letsbyavenue

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »

We are now financially solvent so why not take a chance and prepare for next season on the basis that Halifax are shafted and we will still be in the BSP. If we wait to June to prepare for next season and find we have been reprieved again, we will once again be 'relegated ' in 2009. Life is not without risks ,so come on Alty take some chances ,get the strongest possible squad and hope we get reprieved and then with a good squad assembled we can aim for a midtable position. GH has publicly said that the abysmal start to the season was primarily as a result of not being able to prepare for the division we were in due to the uncertainty.Let,s take a financial punt now: we can always tighten the belts again if needs be later.

mr f.trucker

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »

Check out front page of non league daily for more things to ponder...

radcliffe alty

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »

I'd suggest we - with the usual and competely correct financial prudence of the board - prepare for life in the BSP next season from NOW.

If Halifax don't go tits up then we have a good side with the possibility of doing well and possibly competing to come back up next season. If they do, then we're in a better position to compete at national level. And if anyone snapped up decides, upon hearing we are actually in the BSN, to jump ship then they were the wrong player for the club anyway.

And as someone else posted, despite the hurt, I'd much rather be us than Halifax.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »

Don't like the phrase take a chance....unless we are talking building a BSP team on BSN money which is a contradiction in terms.

Budgetting for BSP and then getting BSN money is a recipe for disaster especially if we don't get promotion first time.

Massive rebuild is needed as I make it we've only got 4 or 5 players who are up for either BSN winning or BSP competing qualit.

I think we're gonna have to hold off until we know..if we're in BSN then we need to be looking at that type of player...if we are reprieved then we need to be looking at season loans and maybe a couple of contract players...they are totally different types of players for each league.

I'd hold off and do it properly last minute rather than do it early and get the formula totally wrong.

After allo, the cote always says he leaves it ot the last minute when all the mercenarys have been turned down and are prepared to take the sort of money we offer.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »

I'd rather stay up by default than not at all. The board run the club wisely, it is not our fault if others don't.

Of course, it is the true fans of these clubs I feel for as the clubs are punished through no fault of theirs.

Reading Robin

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 12:32:40 PM »

Jezza who are you 4 or 5 players?  I'd be looking to keep Little, Senior, O'neill, Young, Coburn, Peyton, Lane, Roca, Lawton and Battersby, although i havent seen Roca myself just going on reports.  While i can see an argument that some of these aren't BSN quality i doubt we could attract enough better players to be able to replace them. 

I'm hopeful that GH has learned to trust loan players more.  For other players i'd favour those coming from a lower league, if older players are brought in the attitude is vital. 

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »

Little, Senior, O'neill, Young, Coburn, Peyton, Lane, Roca, Lawton and Battersby

OK 7 not 4 or 5 whoop that's 2 extra players...but not sure re young and peyton they are borderline on  both counts of being a winning formula in BSN or competing in BSP so 7 is a strecth.

Battersby and Roca are completly unproven...I thought battersby had gone but could be wrong?

Reading Robin

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 01:22:23 PM »

As i said some of those players are debatable, roca and battersby are unproven, but didn't think they had done anything wrong yet. 

Although some of the players may not be of a certain standard, but i'd expect them to stay because i can't see us signing 10 players who are better.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:27:09 PM »

but not sure re young and peyton they are borderline on  both counts of being a winning formula in BSN or competing in BSP

You're not sure about Greg Young????  ::) ??? :o
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team