News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attack attack attack

Author Topic: Attack attack attack  (Read 3385 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Attack attack attack
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:08:23 PM »

Lets keep attacking, right to the end. I hope its not too late, come on boys. I just wish we went for it months back, we would not have been in this position. Even Shotton is showing O'Neil what a striker should be doing. Come on Alty you can get maximum points from the games remaining !!! Also we need to play Senior, he is a constant threat !!!

louise1925

Re: Attack attack attack
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

Strangely enough, all-out attack against Ebbsfleet might not now be wise. I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't want to swap places with GH at the moment (or any other of the managers at the bottom for that matter!)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »

I have never in my life shouted f*ckin get IN as much as i did today, have to say that the tactics worked, GH and GB changed it and it worked, Shotton straight away caused problems, we missed 3 easy chances in the first half and then whilst on the floor Shotton aims a kick at the ball in the direction of the goal and the buggar goes in, Turnbulls run was good as was Seniors, how the hell he hit that like that i'll never know ! Totally deserved and shows just what we can do, I also agree Ebsfleet will be different as will Weymouth, I have to say its a shame the games are running out

altyf

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:08:52 AM »

It will be difficult to decide what to start against Ebbsfleet...Senior was dangerous yesterday, Little was class and Roca has looked good over the last couple of weeks. We clearly need a win, but they're could tear us open and so it will be hard to assess how attacking to play.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

It will be difficult to decide what to start against Ebbsfleet...Senior was dangerous yesterday, Little was class and Roca has looked good over the last couple of weeks. We clearly need a win, but they're could tear us open and so it will be hard to assess how attacking to play.

He's only played 13 minutes during that time!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »

Firstly, well done to everyone yesterday.Things looked really dire at half-time but they turned it round second half.I would suggest that we start with Colin and Ryan ,a great 2 goals from him,up front for the last 2 games, as a bit of height up front really does make a difference if we continue to lump high balls forward.We have Chris Lane to cover at right back, a more than reliable defender.We really have to go for it in the last 2 games.

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »

agreed start Ryan up front with Senior on the wing!

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »

Stu, Laney, Lynch, Tinno, Young, Turnbull, Tansey, Robbie, Peyton, Shotts, Col
I think this is how GH will go on Saturday.

VofD

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:26 PM »

It is the only way to go.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »

Firstly, well done to everyone yesterday.Things looked really dire at half-time but they turned it round second half.I would suggest that we start with Colin and Ryan ,a great 2 goals from him,up front for the last 2 games, as a bit of height up front really does make a difference if we continue to lump high balls forward.We have Chris Lane to cover at right back, a more than reliable defender.We really have to go for it in the last 2 games.

Your most constructive and best post ever V of D i agree completley
ParkINson's red and white army

Longman

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 07:28:40 PM »

Also I think Shotton is better in the air than O Neill and could compliment Colin very nicely.

altyf

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 09:27:04 PM »

Exactly the same team that I would play...Laney a quality right back, Shotton simply gives us another dimension up front. Combine that with the class of Little and I think we can win!

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »

I don't believe we'll start like that to be honest..I think the same team as Saturday will start if all are fit.

HeyAlty

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »

Also I think Shotton is better in the air than O Neill and could compliment Colin very nicely.

I agree as joe o'neil has been very poor recently however it would be  a gamble playing Shotton up front as we will miss him at the back even though Laney is a very good right back by Shotton getting player of the year it just shows that he is superb and needed at the back
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attack attack attack