News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Every Now and Then ....

Author Topic: Every Now and Then ....  (Read 1557 times)

The Fan

Every Now and Then ....
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »

.... life allows you a glimpse of what the future may hold. To me, this was the case yesterday.

That is what we have to look forward to every week next season if we cannot stay above the dotted line. If that isn't enough for the fans to raise the roof and get behind the lads even more than usual I don't know what is.

My slight worry (if you can have one after a win) is that, unbelievably, we can play down to the level of the opposition sometimes. We did it against Farsley and I thought we did it yesterday too to a certain degree.

So, to anyone who thinks that going down isn't the worst thing in the world - go buy the DVD of yesterdays game !!!!

COME ON ALTY !!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Every Now and Then ....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

.... life allows you a glimpse of what the future may hold. To me, this was the case yesterday.

That is what we have to look forward to every week next season if we cannot stay above the dotted line. If that isn't enough for the fans to raise the roof and get behind the lads even more than usual I don't know what is.

My slight worry (if you can have one after a win) is that, unbelievably, we can play down to the level of the opposition sometimes. We did it against Farsley and I thought we did it yesterday too to a certain degree.

So, to anyone who thinks that going down isn't the worst thing in the world - go buy the DVD of yesterdays game !!!!

COME ON ALTY !!!!!

I think you make a great point here. We definatley seem to raise and drop our game accordingly depending on the opposition.

Lets stay up in this leauge at any cost :D
ParkINson's red and white army

Longman

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »

COME ON ALTY !!!!!

Anyone who isn't completely of the mindset that we need to stay up at any cost is a total idiot as far as i'm concerned.

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »

Relegation would be a disaster.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »

COME ON ALTY !!!!!

Anyone who isn't completely of the mindset that we need to stay up at any cost is a total idiot as far as i'm concerned.

Dont agree with this bit. Agree we need to stay up aand if we do it by doing as we ahve then fine, but not go splashing out on extortionate wages etc. I think you get the point... ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Every Now and Then ....