PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lees leaves
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lees leaves  (Read 4548 times)

CJH

Re: Lees leaves
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 11:02:16 AM »

Mark Lees left you for us because he has more ambition.
What, you mean he's taken this step down, in the hope that a bigger club will come in for him later ? He wouldn't be the first to go to a lesser club to put himself in the shop window.

Lesser club look at the league table. You also have a short memory remember 5-1 the only reason you beat us 2-1 was we had a player unjustly sent off and your winner was off side.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »

Which club has won more national trophies? Has more fa cup league club scalps , higher average home attendances over the last thirty years not to mention the fact that the population of one town is almost double that of the other

CJH

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

Which club has won more national trophies? Has more fa cup league club scalps , higher average home attendances over the last thirty years not to mention the fact that the population of one town is almost double that of the other

As for winning things a lot of non league clubs can claim a better record than Altrincham I agree about the population in fact you only average a couple of hundred fan more than us with you having a lot more people in your Town shouldn't you averaging a lot more than that?

markecky

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »

As for winning things a lot of non league clubs can claim a better record than Altrincham I agree about the population in fact you only average a couple of hundred fan more than us with you having a lot more people in your Town shouldn't you averaging a lot more than that?

How have you got on since about the start of December out of interest?

CJH

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

Not too bad still in a play-off position.

mikealty

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

One win since the beginning of December is "not too bad"? What planet are you on?

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »

How many loyal fans did you get to watch you demonstrate the art of chucking away the lead (twice yesterday !) ? 449 wasn't it ? Well the rest weren't at United or City who weren't playing, or at Stockport, Droylsden or Hyde who were all away. Rochdale v Oldham perhaps ? Or Ashton United v Stocksbridge Park Steels ?

FACE FACTS. If your club ever had "glory days" they were in the 1920's. And they're a long way from coming back, just as they always have been. Neither of us is "a big club" so learn to live with it like we have. One division higher would make 98% of our support happy, and I'd happily back us to achieve that status before you do.

Still, you do serve a decent meat and potato pie.

CJH

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »

How many loyal fans did you get to watch you demonstrate the art of chucking away the lead (twice yesterday !) ? 449 wasn't it ? Well the rest weren't at United or City who weren't playing, or at Stockport, Droylsden or Hyde who were all away. Rochdale v Oldham perhaps ? Or Ashton United v Stocksbridge Park Steels ?

FACE FACTS. If your club ever had "glory days" they were in the 1920's. And they're a long way from coming back, just as they always have been. Neither of us is "a big club" so learn to live with it like we have. One division higher would make 98% of our support happy, and I'd happily back us to achieve that status before you do.

Still, you do serve a decent meat and potato pie.

According to our website the attendance Yesterday was 489 I know we're not a big club but your fans keep going on about how big your team is. If you're playing football at the same standard as us then you're no bigger than us.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »

An odd situation this.

Lees seemed a nice so I wish him well, he was the 2nd best left back we had behind Clee but I'd play him there as I think Clee is wasted at LB.

But he's gone which leaves a couple of points.

Permanence? I presumed as LS early signing someone he'd plan round but now from the opening day we have Stu, Dens, Clee, Reeves, Twiss and Chris Lynch. So the 4 good players we had, one we cant get rid off and CL who is the best signing behind Lawrie and Redshaw.

Is anybody's heart really in it? At this stage our play off hopes should be the be all and end all, plenty of time to sort out regular footballer in the summer (tip here: concentrate on improving your game - you've conceded about 150 goals in the last 2 seasons - instead of whinging about regular football - lucky to get a gig anywhere let alone here. Altho I can understand you feeling sick at seeing Mark Lynch selected ahead of you)

Not sure he's any better off for regular football at Stalybridge.

Like I say, thanks and all the best but leaving at this stage is poor form, esp to a club in a similar position.

I'm sure we'll find another mpderate utility player from somewhere.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lees leaves