PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad news "Justin"
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Squad news "Justin"  (Read 3740 times)

Red N White Dynamite

Squad news "Justin"
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »

PLAYER NEWS
Striker Chris Senior will be sidelined for Saturday's game at St Albans City after being carried off with ankle ligament problems last Saturday. Also out of contention are midfielder Val Owen and defender Gary Scott who have both been out of action for recent games. Defender Stephen Rose will also be missing as he remains suspended. So, the squad for St Albans will be virtually self-selecting from the remainder of the first-team squad. In other words it will probably comprise last Saturday's 16 players, minus Chris Senior, and with the possible addition of Justin Bowler.

So could this be Justin Bowler's opportunity to shine? We shall see! Come on Alty!!!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad news "Justin"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »

pretty bad news worried now

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »

We've just got to get right behind the whole team, whoever turns out. It's always annoying to be without first choice players but it could be much worse. We've still got Colin Little available and the backbone of the team appears to still be quite strong. Also, we can't underestimate the benfit of having a weeks rest compared to St Albans whho had a tough match on Tuesday.

All to play for, come on you reds!!!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

well at least bushell and asa seem to be available

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »

Stay positive!
If JB get to play a part at the weekend and makes a very positive contribution, it could be the start of him repaying the faith GH showed in him offering him a contract last year.
If he scored the winner - or even set it up it would mean that the contract would have paid for itself if we stay up!

(Note to self: Try to prevent yourself getting too delusionally optimistic :-\)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

We have a few injuries and a depleted squad, we need to suport all the players, they are all giving 100%.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 07:13:44 PM »

Also, we can't underestimate the benfit of having a weeks rest compared to St Albans whho had a tough match on Tuesday.

if bowlers playing hes had all the rest he needs, nearly a seasons worth. ;D.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »

This has probably been said on this forum before, but the attitude of some fans towards Justin Bowler mirrors that shown towards Karl Munroe last season. I don't know what Justin Bowler is like as a person (or as a footballer for that matter!) but surely we should get behind the guy if he is selected. I'm not that comfortable with the idea of condemning our own players and I'm sure I'm not the only one, who hopes he will come good in an Alty shirt - preferably on Saturday!
AltyBri

Altysmiffy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »

That's a fair point Louise, and it is important (nay essential) all the players are given as much confidence as is possible. However, the people who have commented & criticised have spoken as they've seen it. Those who condemned Karl Munroe were probably the first to praise him this season. The supporters at the match will only vilify anyone if they are genuinely poor or, worse, not making the effort and will also offer the team the max support.

I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see Justin prove doubters wrong - and the doubters would think likewise!

Altyant

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:40:21 PM »

Does anyone know who that lad is that always hangs around with Justin Bowler?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »

His name is Peter Thompson but he is no longer at the club.  ;) ;D

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 08:27:21 AM »

Quality!

Justin deserves our support. He didnt ask to be injured at the start of the season and when i saw him play he was stood in space screaming for the ball for a good 20 minutes and nobody passed to him, opting for the long ball instead. If he doesnt get picked, its not necessarily his fault, and i dont think you can judge a player on his performance in the reserves. Bollocks, im sick of saying it, give him a chance and be done with it.

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 05:03:30 PM »

lol I didnt mean the lesser spotted Peter Thompson!!!  ;D

altyf

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 07:13:16 PM »

the attitude of some fans towards Justin Bowler mirrors that shown towards Karl Munroe last season.

a good point, however, the difference is that despite Karl being a nightmare regularly, he continued to be put in the first team where as Justin Bowler can't seem to get half a game in. I'm afraid I personally can't see Justin ever doing anything positive for Alty

Daycare Dan

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »

Things must be bad for Justin if we play our second choice left back an in central midfield and Justin who is a recognised midfielder (at least according to the official site!) can not even get in the squad!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad news "Justin"