PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasted two points
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wasted two points  (Read 11342 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wasted two points
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

The correct term is clique rather than click.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Daycare Dan

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

does that mean just cos logan doesnt have a final delivery everytime he should be on the bench though?? When all i can see with Joe is that he doesnt have ANYTHING!!!! let a lone a final ball.

I came on the site this morning to fustrate my thoughts that Logan, AGAIN, away from home starts on the bench, but to read the match report he was our main threat. So sorry Daycare dan its no excuse to have a player of his quality on the bench and someone of Joe's (lack of) quality start!! If a player can give you something, not neccessarily all the time, then use it !! His style of play means he wont always get the ball in the box!! And even if he did we aint that style of team with a big forward to win the headers. Fed up of hearing Logan doesnt have the end product!!!

2 points wasted. Wrong team selection AGAIN, an maybe if it wasnt we'd be out of the danger zone. Play your best players

As Ecky so correctly pointed out Logan was knackered after 20 last night and Joe did not start. Also let's look at it, Joe is a forward, not a winger; he did a lot better last night when he switched with Senior. So please stop having a go at a player doing a job for the team, let's give credit to Joe for doing the job he was asked to. Logan's style of play does mean he wont always get the ball in the box, but he does not always try, sometimes he overcomplicates things when a quick ball is needed. my final point, Logan did not play against Crawley (if I remember correctly) but that was not a bad selection choice cos we won. Quite frankly I'm sick and tiered of people having a go at the players, if they try their best and it's not enough then I can't fault them, it's when they don't try I have problems.

GET BEHIND THE F-ING TEAM!!!!

baldrick

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

Daycare.......If a player tries his best and it is not good enough surely he needs to be replaced?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

Daycare Dan

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »

Daycare.......If a player tries his best and it is not good enough surely he needs to be replaced?

Sorry you are correct.

Rooney and Tevez should be signed in the transfer window.

Or we could have the best players we can get with the funds availaible to us.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »

Sorry you are correct.

Rooney and Tevez should be signed in the transfer window.

Or we could have the best players we can get with the funds availaible to us.

I refer to my previous post!

baldrick

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »

The supporters do get behind the team when it matters (on the pitch) I have never seen anyone in an Altrincham shirt getting slated for a poor performance.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

Yep. The man speaks sense

First time anyone has said that about me!  8)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

The supporters do get behind the team when it matters (on the pitch) I have never seen anyone in an Altrincham shirt getting slated for a poor performance.

So it's okay to have a go at a player who has ran his bolox off doing a job for the team, grated not very effectively when playing out of position? Glad I don't work for you!

baldrick

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 01:12:17 PM »

I didn't say that. Players should only be played out of position as a last resort. If the players for a 4-4-2 are not available then maybe the system should be changed to 4-3-3

Reading Robin

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »

does that mean just cos logan doesnt have a final delivery everytime he should be on the bench though?? When all i can see with Joe is that he doesnt have ANYTHING!!!! let a lone a final ball.

I came on the site this morning to fustrate my thoughts that Logan, AGAIN, away from home starts on the bench, but to read the match report he was our main threat. So sorry Daycare dan its no excuse to have a player of his quality on the bench and someone of Joe's (lack of) quality start!! If a player can give you something, not neccessarily all the time, then use it !! His style of play means he wont always get the ball in the box!! And even if he did we aint that style of team with a big forward to win the headers. Fed up of hearing Logan doesnt have the end product!!!

2 points wasted. Wrong team selection AGAIN, an maybe if it wasnt we'd be out of the danger zone. Play your best players

As Ecky so correctly pointed out Logan was knackered after 20 last night and Joe did not start. Also let's look at it, Joe is a forward, not a winger; he did a lot better last night when he switched with Senior. So please stop having a go at a player doing a job for the team, let's give credit to Joe for doing the job he was asked to. Logan's style of play does mean he wont always get the ball in the box, but he does not always try, sometimes he overcomplicates things when a quick ball is needed. my final point, Logan did not play against Crawley (if I remember correctly) but that was not a bad selection choice cos we won. Quite frankly I'm sick and tiered of people having a go at the players, if they try their best and it's not enough then I can't fault them, it's when they don't try I have problems.

GET BEHIND THE F-ING TEAM!!!!

Just because you criticise the team on this forum doesn't mean you aren't supportive of them, there's only a problem if it starts on the terraces.

I think there's a tendency (and ive seen it in this topic) for fans to prefer the hard worker to the more talented player, especially at this level.  I've always been very impressed with Logan, and the criticism of his final ball is way over the top.  If he is started for more games then his fitness will improve, and i dont think its so bad at the moment. 

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 05:45:56 PM »

For what its worth here is my ten pence worth...

1. I would have been happy with a point at the start of the night however i left feeling disapointed as to have a 1 man advantage for an hour against a team 1 place of above i would have expected 3 points

2. I thought Carlos played well when he came on and played some very exciting attacking football; yes hes not 100% fit but that only comes when you play 90 mins week in week out IMO

3. On the general subject of fitness the whole team seemed to be fooked for the last 15 minutes which against 10 men is worrying.

4. Farsley fans are Neanderthals

5. To win games you have to take your chances of which we had plenty

6. Come on you reds...
Come on you red and white........

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »

Last night I felt the same as after Salisbury,that before the game I would had taken a point,but it was disapponting in the way it came about. Though in the games where we usually have loads of chances but it just won't go in,we usually lose,so relieved to get a point.

O'Neill isn't an awful player. He is simply a player who is playing out of position,low on confidence,but still giving it 100%.Someone on here said you play players out of position as a last resort.Well O'Niell was the last resort last night,as Graham wanted to bring Lawton back into the middle.

Logan.Yes,he does cause the defence problems,but what is the point if you can't deliver the ball to an Alty player??Admittedly he produced really good deliveries last night. But he also has to learn to stop giving away silly free kicks. On 4 separate occasions he was in a tangle with their right back,and every Alty fan knew they were going to get a free kick.

At the end of the day,we got a decent point. It was a 'must not lose' than 'must win' game,and Farsley would had been thinking that if they stay up,they have to beat Alty at home.They didn't.If we can beat them at Moss Lane,we will be in the driving seat to stay up.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »

I'm not so sure about that Hamilton. I remember back in the 70's Arsenal played a midweek game against Derby at 3pm due to power cuts. The attendance was 5,000 up on their average. Nowadays the traditional 9-5 working hours are becoming less popular as we move towards a 24 hour society. Barrow for example would certainly have taken a lot more supporters to Bournemouth if the game had been played at 3pm

I think that you'll find that during the power cuts of the 1970's people weren't working or at school for that matter at 3pm on some weekday afternoons, there was, as you say no power therefore no heating, lighting or TV to watch. I would suggest in those circumstances that people would go to watch what were at the time 2 of the better sides in the country rather than sit at home being miserable.

Anyone any views ?

louise1925

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 07:10:30 PM »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in this lengthy thread, but why not bring Carlos on at half time as he obviously can't last 90 minutes and is not so unfit that he can only last 20. Play Joe or whoever for 45 and then bring on Carlos. Trying to look for middle ground here! On the issue of playing talented or committed players - I have to state the obvious and suggest that all clubs require both. Over the past few years we've released quite a few of our more committed players (Maddox, Rod, Adams etc) and so we really do need to be keeping the Joes and Robbies of this world. That's all really.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasted two points