News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 People’s mid season first 11

Author Topic: People’s mid season first 11  (Read 4198 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 29, 2023, 12:24:04 PM »

What are people’s first 11?

If we had everyone fit and playing at their best.

Excluding loan players and Crankshaw.

For me…..

Ross

Donawa    J.Jones     Baines    E.Jones

Marriott  Osborne

Amaluzor          CCC             Kossy

Linney

Subs :Cooper/Roscoe, Banks, Angus, Mooney, Wilson

J.Jones just beats Cooper, but needs to hit the standards that he was playing in the second half of last season.

If given a run of games and can keep fit, Donawa could become our first choice RB. Would bring more to the team,in my opinion, especially overlapping the winger.

Kossy, just over Mooney. My only concern with Kossy is whether he can ever get back to his best and his best was in the 10 position and that position belongs to CCC.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 12:29:34 PM by oneedham »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: People’s mid season first 11
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 01:05:15 PM »

I would have loved to see Donowa more but he just doesn't seem to be fancied by Parky. Cooper and Baines have been solid as a pairing and appear to be the manager's first choice.

I don't see Kosy as a winger and I don't see Mooney as a regular starter (for that would be at Amaluzor's expense). I think we'll bring in another left winger if Newby returns to Colchester.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 04:30:40 PM »

I think that's it's clear that there are areas where we could improve but the team - and squad - have been improving year on year.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 04:42:52 PM »

I won’t pick the best team as most of us would probably pick the same eleven, but I would like to see another quality midfielder signing during January.

My player of the first half of the season would be Ethan Ross who in my opinion is Parky’s best signing since he became manager of Alty

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 05:37:19 PM »

I would have loved to see Donowa more but he just doesn't seem to be fancied by Parky. Cooper and Baines have been solid as a pairing and appear to be the manager's first choice.

I don't see Kosy as a winger and I don't see Mooney as a regular starter (for that would be at Amaluzor's expense). I think we'll bring in another left winger if Newby returns to Colchester.

Yeah it does seem like Parky doesn’t fancy Donawa. Shame, as his contributions in the short amount of game time has been decent.

I agree about Kossy, he is now more of a 10 than a winger.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 05:38:38 PM »

I won’t pick the best team as most of us would probably pick the same eleven, but I would like to see another quality midfielder signing during January.

My player of the first half of the season would be Ethan Ross who in my opinion is Parky’s best signing since he became manager of Alty

Ross has been a huge signing. Fair play to Parky, I thought he was going to stick with Byrne.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 09:01:12 PM »

Ross has been a huge signing. Fair play to Parky, I thought he was going to stick with Byrne.

He may very well have done until he let that pearoller through his legs.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 09:06:10 PM »

I don't think we can include Justin Donawa in a 'Best XI' as we haven't seen enough of him, which is frustrating as we all thought he could mirror Justin Amaluzor on the other side of the pitch - or obviously cover in defence. He's too unproven as a right back in a flat four. Lewis Banks would get the nod for that.

Alex Newby came in at a time when Justin Donawa was unavailable, so I suppose there's still every chance he could move to that left wing role if Alex ends up going back - or he could move to the right and Justin Amaluzor could play on the left (although Parky's always preferred wingers that cut inside).

Being honest, I wouldn't consider Matty Kosylo a starter these days.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 09:08:19 PM by MarpleAlty »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 09:37:25 PM »

Ross

Banks, Cooper, Bainer, Jones

Osbourne, Marriott

Amaluzor, CCC, Newby

Linney

That's our best team, Crankshaw for Newby if we're talking permanent players all fit.

I think this is the first year I've got to this stage in the season and I have been happy if we didn't change a single player in that line up.

I still think Linney is a better striker than Langstaff eventually, and he's still banging them in for fun in league 2, hat trick before half time tonight. We unlock that final ball more and we'll see it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 11:52:58 AM »

Ross

Banks, Cooper, Bainer, Jones

Osbourne, Marriott

Amaluzor, CCC, Newby

Linney

That's our best team, Crankshaw for Newby if we're talking permanent players all fit.

I think this is the first year I've got to this stage in the season and I have been happy if we didn't change a single player in that line up.

I still think Linney is a better striker than Langstaff eventually, and he's still banging them in for fun in league 2, hat trick before half time tonight. We unlock that final ball more and we'll see it.

I agree with this - the best options within our preferred formation.

Obviously the BBC can be ropey with its reliability, however I was stunned to see Regan Linney has scored a goal every 121 minutes this season. Let's get him on the pitch, for Christ's sake.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 12:03:14 PM by MarpleAlty »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team