Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dale  (Read 3364 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dale
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

From Sean Riley (via hughesy)

"Just to inform supporters and yourself on the injury situation...

James Smith has sustained a hamstring injury in yesterday's game at York. Hopefully, due to his quick exit from the game the damage has been limited and he will not be absent for too long.

More serious was the withdrawal of Anthony on a stretcher. I took this decision after my assessment on the pitch. I didn't suspect he had broken his ankle but I was not prepared to take any chances and made the decision to call for the stretcher to safely remove him from the pitch and allow me to undertake a more thorough assessment. He left the dressing room without the aid of crutches and hopefully will not be out for too long.

One point of note is that the supporters of York City were fantastic as Anthony was being stretchered off, and I received many comments showing great concern for his wellbeing as we exited the pitch. I feel that the booing and jeering was aimed at the stretcher bearers throughout Anthony's ordeal. An observation I noticed and made clear to the club Doctor (who was also exceptional in the treatment room) was that a review of their on the field practice may need to be addressed. Also may I thank the player who caused the injury for coming to see me and showing genuine concern for Anthony. This was followed by a number of the York players coming and asking how he was and wished him well.

Unfortunately, injuries and missed timed tackles occur in this sport but it's nice when a player is man enough to admit to a mistimed tackle and show genuine concern towards a fellow player.

Robbie Lawton is still having problems with the injury he sustained during the Rushden game. A further update is in my New Year's Day match notes but Robbie may still be absent for several weeks yet.

On a positive note, it is fantastic to see Chris Denham back in training following the injury to his eye. He has been given the all clear to start training and following the arrival of his compulsory eye goggles (for games), he is now available for selection.

-----

Clearly I owe York Alty an apology here also, I still think I didn't see or really hear any applause but like he said it was hardly Last Night of the Proms. I must have been in a pissed up haze yesterday, I spent most of the second half chewing on my lucky cup.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale