Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dale  (Read 3363 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Dale
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:42:36 PM »

What a game he had 2day I think he is getting better all the time He showed the sort of form he was producing in pre- season friendlys keep it up lads .Had a word with denham while he was warming up said he felt good and hoped to be in contention soon having just got the all clear from specilist it will be good to have him back we need him with all the injurys we seem to be picking up . What did u think of the atmosphere today it was very strange 1st half there fans were very quiet untill the second half ive never known anything like it myself
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:46:44 PM by ASMO »

YorkyAlty

Thank you to Dale Johnson
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:49:51 PM »

Spoke to Dale in the bar before the match and told him I needed a win to get the bragging rights over my YCFC supporting girlfriend and boy did Dale deliver, hope you read this mate as that was some finish.

I go to York a fair bit and would like to point out that the whistling during the injury was a very small minority and the entire Longhurst stand applauded him.

There are messages of good wishes to Danylyk on the York forum and that is the majority verdict.

Many thanks to anybody who bought a ticket off me in the away end.

Dave

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dale
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »

A truly superb performance by Dale Johnson at York.

What a joy to witness an Alty forward knocking their defenders off the ball and displaying such splendid footwork, control and awareness.
One backheel was simply sublime.
Tremendous composure for his goal as well - McKennaesque!.

Even the great Tunna could not have surpassed Johnson yesterday....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you to Dale Johnson
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:33:58 AM »

I go to York a fair bit and would like to point out that the whistling during the injury was a very small minority and the entire Longhurst stand applauded him.

Unfortunately Dave, that is bollocks. We were astonished and we (Tom Jaconbs and I) actually said let's see if they redeem themselves from the booing as he is strecthered off. The Longhurst stand did not applaud him off and it was well and truly noted at the time.

GRACEO

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »

I was listening to York Radio on the way home, and even their Fans were singing his praises, and wishing they had a player like that..

YorkyAlty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 10:35:48 AM »

Unfortunately Dave, that is bollocks. We were astonished and we (Tom Jaconbs and I) actually said let's see if they redeem themselves from the booing as he is strecthered off. The Longhurst stand did not applaud him off and it was well and truly noted at the time.

It's not bollocks, my girlfriend was in the Longhurst stand and assures me there was nothing but applause for Danylyk and appreciation of a serious nature, looking at the York forum there is nothing but good wishes and a thread that suggests the booing was for the ineptitude of the St Johns ambulance in dithering over the treatment and the route they took him off the pitch, there was some jeering in the Pop stand (seats) but that was a minority as I pointed out, if the majority of a 2300 crowd was jeering I think we would all have known about it unfortunately you always get 5 - 10 idiots at a football game.

Dave

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »

It's not bollocks, my girlfriend was in the Longhurst stand and assures me there was nothing but applause for Danylyk and appreciation of a serious nature, looking at the York forum there is nothing but good wishes and a thread that suggests the booing was for the ineptitude of the St Johns ambulance in dithering over the treatment and the route they took him off the pitch, there was some jeering in the Pop stand (seats) but that was a minority as I pointed out, if the majority of a 2300 crowd was jeering I think we would all have known about it unfortunately you always get 5 - 10 idiots at a football game.

Dave

It is bollocks Dave and you know it.

Applause can be defined by the sound of clapping and the visible motion of supporters clapping. Neither of which took place at the home end.

I think you've mistaken this for the applause that came from the away terrace.

YorkyAlty

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 11:04:17 AM »

Dave

It is bollocks Dave and you know it.

Applause can be defined by the sound of clapping and the visible motion of supporters clapping. Neither of which took place at the home end.

I think you've mistaken this for the applause that came from the away terrace.

Well we have to disagree as like I said my girlfriend was stood in the Longhurst and therefore I can hardly be mistaking it for the applause from our 164 fine souls, like I said you never get 100% sympathy and you always get the odd idiot making an issue of it, it was a poor challenge by their player and should have been a red card as the video confirms and the York crowd near to the incident should have had more compassion but most of the Home end were sympathetic and in the bar afterwards when Dale Johnson was in there, he was asked on the injury and asked to give good wishes, what more do you want bells and whistles and a marching band! They clapped him off politely but it was ruined by the idiots beforehand, she was stood in the stand, she isn't lying, they clapped him off that is a fact.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »

I'm not going out with your girlfriend, I'm able to disagree with what she says without fear of a frying pan with my name on it.

You were stood in the away end with us, looking on as incredulously as we all did, did you see or hear the Longhurst stand clapping as he was carried past?

YorkyAlty

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »

I'm not going out with your girlfriend, I'm able to disagree with what she says without fear of a frying pan with my name on it.

You were stood in the away end with us, looking on as incredulously as we all did, did you see or hear the Longhurst stand clapping as he was carried past?

Yeah I agree with you it wasn't a rousing to a man from the home end and there were idiots beforehand and it didn't cover the fans in glory and I was bloody annoyed at the time but it was a minority that didn't and the York crowd were quiet all day.  I suppose if my girlfriend who is a York fan says she and others clapped him off and texted nothing but concern at the time then they can personally hold their heads up high, it is unfair to generalise the entire York crowd because you didn't see or hear something from 150 yards away in a dark stand that is all, like I said I was as frustrated as you at the time.

Have a great new year and see you on NYD where she is coming along as well as she can't stand another York home defeat by Burton so it swells our coffers by another 12 quid!

Dave

RocketDan

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

maybe the the boos were for the over priced snack bar?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

Well it's not much of an argument really, I suppose some did, some didn't. On balance it was just that they seemed slightly less sporting than you'd expect.

One other strange aspect of it was that there was very few complaints from the Alty fans. I thought the tackle itself was very late and spluttered something about comparing that tackle (I didn't see him get booked) with the one that put Densmore out for 4 games but no response.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »

One other strange aspect of it was that there was very few complaints from the Alty fans. I thought the tackle itself was very late and spluttered something about comparing that tackle (I didn't see him get booked) with the one that put Densmore out for 4 games but no response.

Ballers,

Plenty of complaints about that challenge on Danylyk amongst the Alty faithful that I was with.

I await the video footage of the incident but it didn't look too clever from our vantage point.

P.S. I do think that some of the booing was directed at the ostensibly tardy response of the St John's Ambulance representatives.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »

I'm told (by Phil) that that's what the booing is for also.

I would like to think that in the David Longhurst stand of all places that would be the case.

However, and I stand to be corrected that the medics/St.John's ambulance are bound by health and safety regulations to walk to an incident rather than run over.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 01:13:28 PM »

I'm told (by Phil) that that's what the booing is for also.

I would like to think that in the David Longhurst stand of all places that would be the case.

However, and I stand to be corrected that the medics/St.John's ambulance are bound by health and safety regulations to walk to an incident rather than run over.

I suspect that you are correct about the medics/St John's Ambulance people having to walk and I'm reluctant to criticise volunteers....but they did seem to take an age to get to Danylyk.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale