News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we buy or Loan or nothing.

Author Topic: Do we buy or Loan or nothing.  (Read 1613 times)

Jenga

« on: December 28, 2008, 05:24:20 PM »

The club has announced that we are short on funds and need to consolidate.

We have 35 points and 15 more needed within 21 games.

We are short on players.

20th Place is good enough for us this season and we are out of the Setanta Shield and FA Trophy.

The questions I pose is that do we really need to buy or loan or do we struggle on and save any money we have until close season perhaps and bring another midfielder, 2 forwards and defender and I think we are set.

What are your thoughts?

Dougals Dad

Re: Do we buy or Loan or nothing.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »

Some depends on the money we get for finishing higher, otherwise maybe look at 1 or 2 of the youth players we have getting exprience locally?

JT

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »

I disagree that we should just settle for 20th place.  

Yes we would have taken this at the start of the season, but we are having a very good season, lets get out there and show people that we are worthy of our current position.  Surely then Setanta are more likely to screen us more often, more players are going to want to come to us...

Even if it is just 1 player on loan for a month whilst we recover from injurues.

Out of interest, are many people going to be donating to the club whatever they feel they can give?

altyf

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »

Depends on how much we can raise through the SOS scheme. If we can get 300-500 quid I think we really need to get a CM.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

How much is actually needed do we know a rough figure?

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »

A win on NYD and we will probably get into the top 10 about 10-13 points clear of the drop zone with 10 teams between us and 20th place.

The bottom 4 look fairly doomed and a few of the teams in between us and the drop zone will have bigger problems than us team wise and money wise.

I say we carry on as we are and we willl finish around 15th-17th....save money now and then next season we may have a real crack espiecially if we can get a goodmoney spinning  FA Cup run for a change.

There will be other teams who spend a fortune just to finish 12th and they will have real problems because of this next season.

As Gordon Brown will tell you, Alty are uniquely placed to be strong during the recession....everyone else will be cutting their cloths at last dropping to our level while we are experienced at lioving within our means while knitting a good team together.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team