Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 S.O.S. (Strengthen Our Squad)...................

Author Topic: S.O.S. (Strengthen Our Squad)...................  (Read 3121 times)

Cornerflag

« on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »

S.O.S. (Strengthen Our Squad)

Brian Flynn, acting chair of TASC writes:

The Altrincham Supporters' Club (TASC) is appealing for as many supporters as possible to make a financial contribution to help manager Graham Heathcote strengthen his squad in the New Year. The team has done exceptionally well to achieve 29 points to date but a combination of losing key players through injury and the current exceptionally difficult economic climate have meant that we are ending the year with a desperately thin squad and no funds available to strengthen. The loss of potential revenue from two games planned to be screened live by Setanta (Burton Albion & Luton Town) plus last week's F.A. Trophy demise against Southport leaves the club in a very difficult financial position.

Whilst realising that this may not be the ideal time of year to make this appeal, we believe that all Altrincham fans would want to do whatever they can to help, rather than see a promising season fall away due to the lack of being able to bolster the playing resources available to Graham Heathcote and Graham Barrow.

If you are able to help then please contact Mike Ainsworth at Altrincham Football Club (0161 928 1045) with your pledge. All pledges,large or small, will be gratefully received. Alternatively, you can send a cheque, payable to Altrincham Football Club. All cheques should be sent to the Football Club (Moss Lane, Altrincham, WA15 8AP) and clearly marked for Mike's attention.

Aussie Bob

Re: S.O.S. (Strengthen Our Squad)...................
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:36:10 AM »

Any chance of getting a pay pal account set up for donations so it could be done online ?...even if i had a cheque account the cost of getting a foreign cheque cashed would be exorbitant.....

Cornerflag

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:50:42 AM »

Aussie Bob - I have PM'd you.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

Has this got off the ground as i would like to help a little bit for players, as long as it goes on NEW players and not an additional stopper or new snack bar.

JT

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »

I know we aren't exactly going to make loads, but me and a few mates are putting some money aside everyday to raise a little bit of cash for the club.  If we all chip in abit then hopefully we can make that little bit extra.

Cornerflag

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »

Has this got off the ground as i would like to help a little bit for players, as long as it goes on NEW players and not an additional stopper or new snack bar.

The first donations were received yesterday. The half time bucket collection yesterday and the one at the Vics game on New Years Day will go towards the fund.

Anyone wanting to pledge money can do so by telephoning the club on 0161 928 1045 or emailing me at starshop@ntlworld.com

Any cheques should be made payable to "Altrincham FC"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:51:12 AM by Cornerflag »

Cornerflag

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 12:42:31 AM »

Bump!

Cornerflag

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 12:51:41 AM »

Bump!

Cornerflag

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »

Bump
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team