News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worcester City drop to Midland League

Author Topic: Worcester City drop to Midland League  (Read 2643 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:19:48 PM »

No direct relevance to us, but, as has been rumoured for a while, Worcester City have taken a voluntary relegation to Step 5 Midland League Premier. I think this means Harrow Borough get a reprieve to stay at Step 3 as reprieves are decided over the step as a whole once the season has finished.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/worcestercity/news/board-of-directors-statement-league-allocation-1799538.html

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester City drop to Midland League
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »

I don't understand why it says 'resigned from the National League' and 'retaining their Step 2 status' - they've been relegated already?  Am I being daft?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »

Well, as we know Marple Alty, no one is relegated until it's ratified at the agm! As I understand it, resigning from the league gives the FA the opportunity to place them where they see fit. I think with their ground problems Worcester may feel that even the evo stik is a bit of a battle and this is their way of getting out to an appropriate level.

Incidentally our one home win this season was against a Worcester team for whom the game was already up...marked improvement etc...

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »

How they must regret selling the old ground at St.George's Lane. It needed work for sure, but it was a proper football ground.

In simple terms, that club have been repeatedly crapped on by the  City Council, who can't seem to see past Worcester Warriors RUFC. Once THEY started buggering about with the plans for the new stadium, the club were screwed.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »

Really sad to see, a traditional solid non league club whose ground had a lot of character and Worcester away was always a good day out with some tidy boozers in the city centre.

Another club who moved away from their traditional home (like Runcorn or Northwich) and who now find themselves completely screwed. For all our current problems at least we have a long lease on Moss Lane.

York Alty is back

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 07:28:58 PM »

Really sad to see, a traditional solid non league club whose ground had a lot of character and Worcester away was always a good day out with some tidy boozers in the city centre.

Another club who moved away from their traditional home (like Runcorn or Northwich) and who now find themselves completely screwed. For all our current problems at least we have a long lease on Moss Lane.

Add Kettering to that list.  It's critical that clubs stay in the town they 'represent'.  All this moving around nonsense kills clubs slowly.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team